Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Huge Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CBR 1000rr has been out for over a month now and I can not find hardly anything aftermarket parts for it. The R1 didn't come out that much earlier than 1krr and everyone has their stuff out for it. Does the R1 out sell the honda by that much (at least around here the r1's seem to be in higher demand than the hondas). To my knowledge the only pipes out right now are slip ons the jardine, two bros, arata, and arrow, and I guess the laser is out also if anyone ever gets one(I know Akra has a full system). Does anyone know why the after market companies are dragging their feet? I can't even get a friggen windscreen!!
By the way I am just venting because I am frustrated (I had to deal with this with my last bike). :?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I've found that if you look around there are tons of aftermarket parts already out there. HRC has a full race kit out, Moriwaki has slider, full exaust and some other stuff out, fender eliminators are out from a few companies. PC-3 was out before the bikes were.
Its like any new bike though, the companies have to get their fingers on one to make their product.
BTW: I've seen the same amount of stuff for the 10R and R1 as for the RR. With 3 new liter bikes out dont be suprised if it takes a little longer.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
JAB3, I understand your frustration. I've been riding it for a month and a half now, and the only mod I have is the factory cowl. Still waiting on several things to be shipped, or developed. The majority of parts should be rolling out within the next month. The are parts out there right now, but when you are waiting for specific companies you know make a quality product to develop things for your bike, sometimes you end up waiting. In the end, it's usually worth it. I just hope I get my parts before our big Myrtle Beach trip at the end of the month. Wanna represent in style. 8)

·
Serial Killer
2,058 Posts
Hey IronNutz, me and my crew will be down in Myrtle also. Throw a hand up when/if you see the Street Dreamz Ryderz bein' led by the Black Out 1000RR!!!

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
The Micron exhaust I ordered is supposed to be released in a week or two. The Vortex rearsets are on backorder for a week (even though Vortex uses the same ones as for the 600RR). I tried to order Vortex frame sliders, but they're not available yet. VFX hasn't release their integrated taillight yet. Gregg's supposed to have their 1000RR flush mounts very soon.

It's not just you.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Diggy said:
Hey IronNutz, me and my crew will be down in Myrtle also. Throw a hand up when/if you see the Street Dreamz Ryderz bein' led by the Black Out 1000RR!!!
A group of us has gone for the last 5 years, there's usually around 40 of us. For some reason this year, everyone's broke so there are only about 10 guys on board so far. We used to be really easy to spot, but we changed our group name and logo, and I'm not sure if the new windscreen vinyl and armbands are going to be ready in time.

I'll keep an eye out for ya.

·
Registered
39 Posts
if you go to gpc moto they have the full hrc kit including a stage I & II motor power up kit. BVH is another great soucre to keep an eye on for parts. Dan Kyle is building up a parts list as well. Give it time since these bikes are new ot the market. The R1 seems to be the one with he most aftermarket kit right now but the other two are catching up.

·
Registered
235 Posts
cbr1k said:
get_dude said:
Anybody going to Miami for memorial weekend?

Anybody here from Miami?
used to be, moved to ft lauderdale, miami's too hectic these days, but ft lauderdale aint much better

I'll be hitting Ft. Lauderdale a few days during memorial week so I'll post on the board to see if you want to show me and a couple of my friends some roads down there...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.