Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to the eye looking at my 2006 it looks straight other the the exhaust being down slightly on the right side. Also I can stick my ringers between the tank fairing and the frame on the left but not the right. It seems to ride just fine. But I am curious. I can put pictures up if anything thinks it would help tell.

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,079 Posts
Pictures would help. Did you crash it? How long have you owned it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pictures would help. Did you crash it? How long have you owned it?

here’s the back end is it possible the exhaust is just bent? The measurements from the bar ends to the center of the tail are the same. I bought it crashed for a good deal and put it back together.

·
BOTM Moderator
359 Posts
It seems like your subframe, as Bevo said, is turn clockwise, looking at your pictures.

question is, bent, or maybe mis-mounted? I don't know, just saying.

Also, love the kerosene heater. Omni 105?

The best way of figuring out what's going on might be doing some measuring.

I could be wrong but some of frame components are symmetrical, such as bolts that go all the way through and you could do some measuring on your own.

Do some measurements and compare the results from left & right side. Such as:
rear axle to sub frame, vertical measurement.
rear axle to various engine mounts. horizontal measurement.

Best would be to pay a shop to take precise measurements

they can also fix it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The best way of figuring out what's going on might be doing some measuring.

I could be wrong but some of frame components are symmetrical, such as bolts that go all the way through and you could do some measuring on your own.

Do some measurements and compare the results from left & right side. Such as:
rear axle to sub frame, vertical measurement.
rear axle to various engine mounts. horizontal measurement.

Best would be to pay a shop to take precise measurements

they can also fix it

That past my eyes thank you guys I was checking some measurements a few guys say to check with a simple method. Like from each side of the rear axel is measured exactly the same to the front axle in each side.....On an opinion since it rides fine and feels ok would it be worth buying a rear subframe. How is a good way to check what I call the basket( the mid frame with the vin).
The kero heater is the good old winter time hero 😎 lol.

·
Registered
215 Posts
If it seems to handle fine, I’d be inclined to just ride it and watch for two things. Uneven wear on the tires, and metal shavings coming from the front or rear sprocket that would indicate a misalignment of the chain even if the adjusters are even side to side.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Looks like the subframe is just slightly tweaked. Barely even noticeable. Me I would just ride it as is. If it's just the subframe it's not going to make any performance difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts