Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm waiting for my all blk and my dealer calls and tells me he has 6 in the crate in red and will take $500 off my otd price of $10,700 ... would you do it (no eta on the all blk and I have a track day scheduled for June 8th)? I was already waffeling between the two when I put the deposit on the all blk back in Feb ...

·
Registered
176 Posts
i think that even without the discount red is still a better option due to the fact that is an easier color to maintain. Personally after owning several vehicles in black, I just dreaded the finger prints or what not that black inevitable shows. Don't get me wrong, there's no color like black especially when **** and span clean. The other thing too is that I stripped my bike of all it's goofy reflectors. The color red at least, keeps me from being run over at night.

Go with your real choice though. You definately don't want to be regreting the decision later on.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Honestly i thought that the red/blk was the ugliest of all the bikes when i saw it on the net..but when i saw it in person, it was beautiful.It was at the Long Beach motorcycle show ona circling pedestal.I knew that was the color after that,love at first sight ,HA!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
tough call, see if you can squeeze some more discount out of him to make it an easier decision. I'm guessing if he's got 6 sitting there it shouldn't be a problem. The red is great, if the lower fairing bothers you just get it painted for 200 bucks like others have.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
mtc said:
I wish I had gotten a call like that. I wanted the red but picked up a black, I love it but it was my second choice. It does look great though.
Wanna trade plastic? I kinda wish I would've waited after seeing pics of the all black, but I have put some 1K plus fun miles on in the last month.

·
Senior Citizen
548 Posts
I'm with VooDoo. I thought the Red/Black was ugly on paper, but gorgeous at the show (on that circling pedestal). Love at first sight. I'd have been psyched if my dealer offered me money to take the red.

Ride Red.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm with ltc. Act like you can't stand the idea of the red one. Then stand there and talk to yourself and kick the ground and tell him how bad you wanted the black one. Hell, maybe even cry a little. After all, a thousand dollars is a thousand dollars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.