Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in the day Sato Racing stuff (exhausts, rear sets, sliders) were the bee’s knees. I see that they have rear seats and other stuff for our bike but don’t know if their quality is still good or if their price to value has dropped as other manufacturers have come up in the last decade.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

·
Stand your ground
1,142 Posts
Quality is a 9/10 for Sato stuff. Value is probably a 6/10. Recently other manufacturers have really stepped up to compete with them at a significantly reduced cost.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Love their stuff, and having being mildly screwed with cheaper options (not so great fit), I will go with them all the time. I even had issues with proper fit with Woodcraft, a big name, and a front axle slider for my Z900RS cafe. It was resolved directly by Woodcraft, no complains here, but it was a few extra time consuming steps.

The rear sets and shift spindle by SATO are top notch, and so are the 2 in 1 case protectors and sliders, and they WORK and LOOK the part too. The hooks are very nice too, but who can screw a simple item like that? LOL.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quality is a 9/10 for Sato stuff. Value is probably a 6/10. Recently other manufacturers have really stepped up to compete with them at a significantly reduced cost.
I’ve had their rear sets and sliders on a few bikes and loved their quality. They seem to have gotten even more expensive but my memory could be failing me.

What other manufacturers have similar quality at a more reasonable price point?

Thanks!

Love their stuff, and having being mildly screwed with cheaper options (not so great fit), I will go with them all the time. I even had issues with proper fit with Woodcraft, a big name, and a front axle slider for my Z900RS cafe. It was resolved directly by Woodcraft, no complains here, but it was a few extra time consuming steps.

The rear sets and shift spindle by SATO are top notch, and so are the 2 in 1 case protectors and sliders, and they WORK and LOOK the part too. The hooks are very nice too, but who can screw a simple item like that? LOL. View attachment 262902
Looks great! I would go with gold too.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I'm partial to Japanese tuners like TSR and Moriwaki. But they're not cheap either. I think Sato goes by Babyface in Japan.

Aside from Woodcraft, Vortex is supposed to make a good set. I've seen some guys here rockin' Gilles and LighTech.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve installed their bar ends, street hooks, and swing arm spools on my 2015.

The price was a little high, but I like their styling. Street hooks were a pain to install due to the ABS setup, and the extra weight to minimize vibration you can buy with bar ends didn’t really change much I don’t think. Everything fit good and easy directions to follow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts

The rear sets and shift spindle by SATO are top notch, and so are the 2 in 1 case protectors and sliders, and they WORK and LOOK the part too. The hooks are very nice too, but who can screw a simple item like that? LOL. View attachment 262902
I really like those sliders, wish I had known about those before installing the woodcraft frame sliders that required cutting my fenders…

·
Registered
228 Posts
I used a few of their products five years ago on a BMW S1000R. Fantastic quality. I did have a discolored stator cover guard and they sent me a new one no questions asked and didn’t even want the old one back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts