Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I’m in deserate need of someone that can fix my bike. It’s making a nocking or clicking sound when I accelerate. I’m 2 hours from home and don’t think the bike will make it home. I’m in Tustin California so if anyone can help me out please send me a message. Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey everyone I’m in deserate need of someone that can fix my bike. It’s making a nocking or clicking sound when I accelerate. I’m 2 hours from home and don’t think the bike will make it home. I’m in Tustin California so if anyone can help me out please send me a message. Thank you
Desperate*

·
BOTM Moderator
613 Posts
Honestly, I'm not sure if anyone could help with a ticking / clicking sound remotely. You probably can't fix it on the side of the road if its an engine issue.

Being a sunday, it's tough to get help as many places are closed.

I'm not in SO to give a hand but here are some thoughts, hopefully helpful.

I looked on the map, there are some honda dealers near Tustin. maybe you can call them and see if you can leave the bike there over night until their mechanic looks at it Monday and tell you if it's OK to ride it home.

Call a tow service. will cost a pretty penny if you're that far away.

Rent a VAN

Some u-haul places are open on Sunday. maybe you can call and get a van. Their small van / trucks are only ~20/per day. At a minimum you could put it in the van so you won't have to leave it on the side of the road to get stolen.

Enterprise has vans too. Might be a bit more expensive than U-Haul but they generally don't charge mileage. Call enterprise and see if you can get a van today or tomorrow.

Depending how bad the sound is, maybe you can risk it an drive it slowly home.

Tough situation...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Cbr1000rr has had issues with the timing chain Tensioner , usually sounds like bbs in a can when accelerating, especially when lugging down

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Aoaks87
So how did you make out? Got home OK?
Ya I got a buddy with a truck to come and pick me up. Thanks for asking. Unfortunately the shop I go to is booked out 6 weeks so I won’t be riding for alittle while :/ i wanna try and find someone that works out of there house in Southern California and knows what they’re doing to check my valves and replace my cam chain tensioner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts