Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The gods have spoken and blessed me. The stork has finally arrived in the southeast and brought me my baby! :D

I just got back from Mexico (honeymoon) on Sunday. Yesterday on the drive back home (I flew out of atlanta) I called the dealership just to make sure nothing came in and to see if they had a firm arrival date. The sales guy said that they should be here either by the end of the week or by next week (he did have a relax and stop bothering me tone in his voice though... I thought I was doing a good job not acting like a kid on christmas eve, I only called about every 3 weeks to a month... :oops: ) Anyway when I got back to the house there was a message on my machine saying that they had come in!

Hopefully I will have a all black RR in my garage by this afternoon. Pics will follow. All of this happiness is tempered with a little sorrow though... This means that the time I will have to sell my beautiful F4 looms near.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
racing_md said:
...The sales guy said that they should be here either by the end of the week or by next week (he did have a relax and stop bothering me tone in his voice though... I thought I was doing a good job not acting like a kid on christmas eve, I only called about every 3 weeks to a month... :oops: ) Anyway when I got back to the house there was a message on my machine saying that they had come in!...
Two things: 1. I think calling every 3 weeks to a month shows exceptional patience on your part. 2. I love how they have an attitude when you call them all excited and curious about the arrival, but as soon as it comes in, they will reverse the situation and call you wanting to get you in right away to get their money...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yup, I called just about everyday for 2 weeks. Being on the site and hearing the bikes being delivered elsewhere makes you run to the phone and dial them up. Congrats on all the bikes, looks like they are in most areas now. That black is a beauty and it looks really small compared to the other colors. pics are required.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah that is an F4 in the last pic. I was surprised at how compact the 1000 is especially next to the F4. I now see what you guys have been raving about. This bike is an incredible piece of machinery - so well put together, stable, smooth and deceptively fast. I haven't even really gone past 8 or 9k ( a crossfire tried to race me and I couldn't resist :wink: - quick effortless blast to 140 ) I am truly in love...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.