Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone....I emailed Jardine about a pipe for the 1000RR and they sent me some pics back. From the side it looks normal, but looking directly at the rear, the pipe comes out from under the seat at an angle (points to the left a bit). I emailed them back asking why and they said there are clearance issues, therefore it has to mount crooked! No one elses pipes are crooked????? I was disappointed....it looks so crappy...now I need to to start looking for another!!! Anyreferrals???? :p

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
RE: Jardine Exhaust

A number of exhausts for the 600RR and 1000RR hug the right side. The exhaust comes up on that side and hugs the right side until it hits the muffler. When looking under the 1000RR at the bike show, there are heat shields above the pipe, so to move the pipe would probably require moving or removing all the heat shields.

I believe the Arata is the same way, as well as some others. As you can see on the 600RR, the exhaust hugs the right side of the frame:

Micron has a slip on that hugs the right side and then has a quick kink to put the pipe to the center of the bike before it goes into the muffler; so from behind, the muffler is straight in-line with the bike. Again, for the 600RR:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.