Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
A Big Deal
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I sold my 06 1kRR and got a new 08 ZX-10. It was a difficult decision to make because I loved that 1K, but a great deal came up at the dealership for a new 08.

A number of factors came into play, mostly was getting a brand new bike very not much more than what I sold the CBR for. Another factor was the expense and size constraints of the 08 CBR, just wouldn't fit even if I could find one that I didn't have to pay full sticker price on.

Reading up on the ZX-10, I liked a lot of design features. It fits me better, has lots of cool bits on it, and is very well reviewed.

A few quick notes upon riding the ZX-10, and only in comparison to the 06 CBR. A lot more stable, instantly noticeable how it tracks around corners. Very easy turn ins. Well balanced suspension. Very comfortable ergonomics for a guy my size, 6'0 200lbs. Sounds awesome, great instruments, plus I really like how the bike looks (I appreciate the design does not appeal to everyone).

I've had a lot of Hondas in my time (4 in 5 years of riding), but have yet to see the level of refinement that I do from Kawasaki. I know that flies in the face of what most people will tell you about the fit and finish of Honda.

Just wanted to thank you guys for all the info over the past little while, it's a great group with a lot of knowledge to share. I'll stick around here because of that fact, plus I still have some CBR parts to get rid of now ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi guys. I sold my 06 1kRR and got a new 08 ZX-10. It was a difficult decision to make because I loved that 1K, but a great deal came up at the dealership for a new 08.

A number of factors came into play, mostly was getting a brand new bike very not much more than what I sold the CBR for. Another factor was the expense and size constraints of the 08 CBR, just wouldn't fit even if I could find one that I didn't have to pay full sticker price on.

Reading up on the ZX-10, I liked a lot of design features. It fits me better, has lots of cool bits on it, and is very well reviewed.

A few quick notes upon riding the ZX-10, and only in comparison to the 06 CBR. A lot more stable, instantly noticeable how it tracks around corners. Very easy turn ins. Well balanced suspension. Very comfortable ergonomics for a guy my size, 6'0 200lbs. Sounds awesome, great instruments, plus I really like how the bike looks (I appreciate the design does not appeal to everyone).

I've had a lot of Hondas in my time (4 in 5 years of riding), but have yet to see the level of refinement that I do from Kawasaki. I know that flies in the face of what most people will tell you about the fit and finish of Honda.

Just wanted to thank you guys for all the info over the past little while, it's a great group with a lot of knowledge to share. I'll stick around here because of that fact, plus I still have some CBR parts to get rid of now ;)
So you joined the dark...I mean green side:thefinger: j/k
A friend of mine has Kawi and I hate to say it I really like the way it looks and thus have to agree with you as rfar as Kawi being nicely refined.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Should have got an R1.
Unless you want white or yellow, forget buying one in Upstate NY. I have been trying for the last two weeks and went to every dealer in Upstate New York. I wanted a 09' Raven. Decided to wait to next year and bought a left over 08' CBR1000RR. Two R1s in Raven are left, I thought three, but after signing the paperwork (purchase offer only), we found out that the bike was white and marked wrong. I went out check it out as they where removing the crate.

The other two want MSRP. Go figure why they are still available.

Who knows, maybe I won't want one in a year, I hope?

Joe

·
Premium Noob
1,414 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Actually, a lot of the tests are showing that the Kawi and the CBR are both better bikes, even with the new Rossi crank.
I have owned both. Granted I only owned my 081KRR for 3 months but got rid of it ONLY due to it being an oil burner. I was seriously considering adding a 09 R1 but decided not to rush in this time. I did 2 test rides and followed some of diel posts and after some mag shoot outs, taking it all into consideration decided against the 09 R1 and am glad I did. Fly by wire throttle nuetering on the US version, heavy and no top end power plus very fat. Not good for Maxton where I go twice a year.

My 08 ZX10 sports a full akro evo with PC5 and AT unit, redgreed cams, BST wheels and a lot of other mods. Made 179 HP on Marmos Dyno.

It is absoloute vicious and scary to try and hold onto with the throttle pined wide open and the RPMS flash past 8 grand. Its even scary to think about.

So no Rossi crank bike for me. I am going to wait and see what Honda and Kawi have in store for this fall. Photo chops and rumors should be out soon.

The op should come here;

http://zx-10r.net/forum/

JJ

·
Registered
764 Posts
Weird you say the 08 Cbr would not fit, Im 5'9, 182 and sat on the Kawi for grins even though i dont like the looks of the front end, the 10r felt very cramped in the pegs to me. I have seen some phenomenal deals on leftover 08 Kawis, co-worker got one for 8999 OTD new, but leftover.

·
~~~~~~~~~~~
4,957 Posts
Another factor was the ... size constraints of the 08 CBR, just wouldn't fit ... for a guy my size, 6'0 200lbs.
Weird. I'm 6'2" and 240 lbs. and it fits me just fine.

Man that is one ugly fucking bike.
Indeed.

Congrats on your new ride, though. :th_salute:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.