Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i haven't had any other issues with this bike....other than changing the oil and removing the passenger pegs. :th_down:

but today, i get a bit of gravel thrown up on me and i get 2 big cracks on the front end. one by the mirror and one almost dead center between the headlights.

never thought it woulda been that flimsy. sheesh

she was pretty at one time. :sad010:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Man I worry about that all the time. I can feel your pain. Nice bike though :)

Are those tech spec knee grips I see?

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just the stomp grip fronts. they come in 2 pieces. i'm pretty long legged and thats all i needed

i can't believe it happened. guess something was bound to happen. coulda been worse

thanks for the compliment BTW. yours ain't bad either :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
didn't think they were much. but the one that hit my chest, still stings pretty good. even through a jacket. been hit with some big ones before and knew they were big, but didn't do near the damage

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Ouch, On the bright side at least that didn't hit your helmet visor.
Maybe your insurance will cover a new upper for you.

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
doubt he wants to pay his deductible to replace a a couple hundred dollar piece of plastic maybe he can get a sticker from eddie to cover it up...

·
̿ '̿'̿\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿
5,175 Posts
Im working on a numberplate for the 08-09 right now...but that wouldnt help for the one near the mirror. That sucks man, sorry to hear it :th_down:

·
̿ '̿'̿\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿
5,175 Posts
Let me know if u decide to sell it and howmuch u want via pm...I can use it for a pattern for street and track numberplates etc. :th_salute:

·
Bad credit? Get a Honda
383 Posts
dang sorry to hear it bro. was it a semi truck or somethin?
The biggest rocks I ever got hit by came from some brand new pilot powers on my friend's R1 when he gunned it on the highway. I stayed in the next lane over everytime he got in front of me after that.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Dayum, that bites! I took a bird in the shoulder once. Startled me pretty good. I'm pretty sure the bird died, but I couldn't find it.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
that front cowl is so damn fragile. i had to buy a new one after mine cracked from very little pressure taking the side fairing off. i like my bike alot but the plastics and how they are made/installed pisses me off. sucks man. 200+ for a new one and you have to be careful not to crack that one putting it on. i'm just upset cause it's so damn cold here. if it was 75 i wouldn't have even responded. your bike is sweet though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That really sucks man, and from rocks. Glad to hear you were wearing a jacket.

Real nice bike, what kind of exhaust is that?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts