Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Certified Nut
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Only "performance" mods are the Taylormade exhaust and PC3...

148.9hp > 157.6hp and 74.3ft/lbs torque > 77.
3ft/lbs torque

That's a 8.7hp gain and 3ft/lbs torque gain at the rear wheel...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I tried to superimpose one graph onto the other and heres how it came out...

good/bad/comments?

·
Certified Nut
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sure... at work now will grab the map off it later today... I'm in Louisiana so I'm just about at sea level if that matters...

Feels much more powerful and much smoother...

·
Custom User Title
1,094 Posts
Sweet, I've got a Taylormade that I need to install and would be interested in checking out the map.

·
Chief Chocolate Officer
1,148 Posts
Hey William...that's about the same I got from my map...but I have the BMC race and flapper mod... statistically the same gains as mine...now yours...:thefinger:

Before... 147.5
After... 156.75

Done on a non-DynoJet dyno...

Can you believe the secret's still not out on this pipe?

·
Certified Nut
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reposol Robert: you didn't by chance have the bike dyno'd with/without flapper mod? I notice a dip in power right at acceleration which they didn't get rid of with the map was just thinking after the fact about reconnecting the flapper to see if that helps with it...

·
Custom User Title
1,094 Posts
Hey William...that's about the same I got from my map...but I have the BMC race and flapper mod... statistically the same gains as mine...now yours...:thefinger:

Before... 147.5
After... 156.75

Done on a non-DynoJet dyno...

Can you believe the secret's still not out on this pipe?
Ha I was just talking with Taylormade today. The pipe is finally going out tomorrow. The butt dragging is over. :)

So Mr. fancy pants, you still got that map of yours? Hell, I'll try them all!!!!

·
Chief Chocolate Officer
1,148 Posts
Reposol Robert: you didn't by chance have the bike dyno'd with/without flapper mod? I notice a dip in power right at acceleration which they didn't get rid of with the map was just thinking after the fact about reconnecting the flapper to see if that helps with it...
I disconnected the flapper before I dyno'd...but I don't think it will have any substantive impact on HP to reconnect it...and I'm not motivated to try it out since I'm very happy with the performance and the bike is for sale...

·
Registered
65 Posts
wow...just purchased an 07' 1000rr with the PC3 and have the taylormade slip-on coming in. I just got a map from repsol robert but i might use this one first considering i dont have aftermarket filters. thanks, and im delighted to be a member of the forum. Taylormade ftw!

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
This is an old thread, but why does the superimposed graphs, not match the first two?

·
Certified Nut
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FWIW a dyno'd custom map will be 10x better then picking and choosing someone else's map... its worth having it done...

and the superimposed DO match... I had to shift one of the curves a little to match the rpm and hp markings as they weren't exactly the same size... I also color coded the 2 lines so you could differentiate easier...

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Look again, the superimposed ones aren't even close to the originals. I kind of understand what you did when you talk about shifting the graph, because the dyno operator didn't start taking measurements at the same time, but you altered everything. Look especially at RPM vs. HP. I also hope that the spike on the second graph at 12.2 RPM isn't giving you your 157 hp number.

·
Certified Nut
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think you may be right... and I see the distortion you are talking about... the before side looks lower then it should on the superimposed.... regardless the point is made... as far as peak hp it may read slightly high but then again all dyno operators use stupid tricks to make the results look better then they are.... so you never know anyway...

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I think you may be right... and I see the distortion you are talking about... the before side looks lower then it should on the superimposed.... regardless the point is made... as far as peak hp it may read slightly high but then again all dyno operators use stupid tricks to make the results look better then they are.... so you never know anyway...
Your right, you never know, so why even post the number if you yourself can cast doubt on them and don't believe them 100%? Regardless, you got a nice HP increase across the entire rev range from 5K on up.

·
Chief Chocolate Officer
1,148 Posts
Your right, you never know, so why even post the number if you yourself can cast doubt on them and don't believe them 100%? Regardless, you got a nice HP increase across the entire rev range from 5K on up.
Probably because not everyone has as keen an eye as you and are very happy with the results no matter what the chart says...

This is a typical gain for the '04-'07 Taylormade... with the mods indicated.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Probably because not everyone has as keen an eye as you and are very happy with the results no matter what the chart says...

This is a typical gain for the '04-'07 Taylormade... with the mods indicated.
Its great if he is happy with or without the graph, but he did ask for good/bad/comments. I only posted because I noticed a mistake in the overlays. Someone who may be didn't take a close look at the graphs wouldn't noticed the mistakes. Just worth pointing out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts