Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
More OEM bolts swapped for Titanium bolts. While doing s coolant change, changed the water pump bolts, thermostat housing and mounting bolts, water joint holder bolts, and top fuel injector rail bolts.
Also changed the tank holder bolts, but I forgot to take photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #87

Put the 2019 decals on it. Starting to make it look like the BSB Honda bike.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Not sure if this is the same for everyone else, but a little 69 on the tank

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you guys run that stock plastic chain guard? Noticed it's not there in the picture. I leave mine on there to keep the chain crud off the bodywork but I'm always thinking of taking it off and going without.[/QUOTE

I used a dremel and cut mine down just after the rear bolt. Best of both worlds. Even that white grade all over the chain didn’t splatter up much on my under tail.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey man, nice build so far! Any solution for GP shift pattern? I got mine to do it but the sensor doesn’t work properly that way and ya can’t invert it. Any advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Hey man, nice build so far! Any solution for GP shift pattern? I got mine to do it but the sensor doesn’t work properly that way and ya can’t invert it. Any advice would be appreciated!

I have not unfortunately

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
For the SC77 GP shift is achieved by using a shift lever that moves the shift rod pickup point ahead of the shift pedal fulcrum.
This is normally achieved with an aftermarket rear set with new shift pedal like TSR etc.

The Quick Shifter sensor is very sensitive to the angle between the shift shaft lever and the shift rod. You must maintain a 90*

In one of the posts previously discussing the Quick Shifter I posted very detailed photos etc.

I will try to find it and post a link.
In the mean time this is an indictaion of fulcrum change.

TSR standard shift lever similar to the stock pedal.

TSR GP Shift lever

·
Registered
4 Posts
Akrapovic Slip-on, built to perfection. Bike sounds epic now.

How did you mount the hanger for the Akrapovic can? My 2018 SP1 has holes where passenger peg mount would go, but no actual threads. Did you put in a Helicoil tap in there?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
How did you mount the hanger for the Akrapovic can? My 2018 SP1 has holes where passenger peg mount would go, but no actual threads. Did you put in a Helicoil tap in there?

Yah you have to make your own threads

·
Registered
209 Posts
John, those TSR rearsets are lovely. I've been eyeing their 2-pos and 4-pos sets for my 2009 for a while now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m totally feelin that TSR lever! I looked on google for it but it keeps takin me to a car web site. Got a link?

Also, you got yours from Carson Honda dealer right? Me too. Love to know what you paid?
I got out the door for $16,200.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
More titianium, oil pan and exhaust holder bolts

81 - 100 of 120 Posts