Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just purchased and installed some K&N replacment air filters and the airbox doesn't completely close. It says in the instructions that it's supposed to have a slight gap like that after install but I find that unacceptable and wouldn't have bought them if I knew they fit like this.
My question is are BMC's the same fitment-wise or do they install and let the airbox completely screw closed like the factory Honda filters?

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
i have the bmc and the airbox closes fine. The K&N suck anyway.

·
The Search Czar
2,924 Posts
That is how the K&N filters are; they have four of five different revisions; all due to fitment. The K&N actually causes a loss in power as well. You should have searched here before you bought; it would have helped in your quest for 100 posts.
:eek:wned:

·
Registered
159 Posts
That is how the K&N filters are; they have four of five different revisions; all due to fitment. The K&N actually causes a loss in power as well. You should have searched here before you bought; it would have helped in your quest for 100 posts.

100 posts, huh? We can only strive to be as cool as you.:eek:wned:

·
The Search Czar
2,924 Posts
100 posts, huh? We can only strive to be as cool as you.:eek:wned:
Why don't you look at his other two threads about him not reaching 100 posts so he could sell something. He didn't want to look like a post whore, but yet he never came here and asked.

So nice that you actually provided some useful information to this thread. i did in my original post in the very first sentence.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Why don't you look at his other two threads about him not reaching 100 posts so he could sell something. He didn't want to look like a post whore, but yet he never came here and asked.

I was just joking bud, sorry no offense.

·
Banned
1,627 Posts
lol....that would have went over good........"which filter should i buy?" :th_SmlyROFL: :th_SmlyROFL: :th_SmlyROFL: flame suit was probably at dry cleaners. i would have not asked either

·
The Search Czar
2,924 Posts
lol....that would have went over good........"which filter should i buy?" :th_SmlyROFL: :th_SmlyROFL: :th_SmlyROFL: flame suit was probably at dry cleaners. i would have not asked either
Like his 100 post thread wasn't enough of a flame fest? At least he would have gotten something from the filter fame fest though. He could have use the search function too.

·
Banned
1,627 Posts
Like his 100 post thread wasn't enough of a flame fest? At least he would have gotten something from the filter fame fest though. He could have use the search function too.
whats that..... do i have to pay extra for that feature?....... :th_SmlyROFL:

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually did do a search and didn't see anyone bring up the fitment issue. So many pages and threads on filters I could have missed it.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
My DNA filters fit well and the air box closes completely.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Exactly, besides I don't know about anyone else but I expect brand new parts from a reputable manufacturer like K&N that are model application specific like this to fit. Obviously they dropped the ball when it came to the 1000RR filters.

It would be pretty annoying for me to make posts asking "does this fit correctly?" for everything I was going to buy when it's model specific for 1000RR and I'd definatly get flamed if not banned all together for doing it.

·
Flat Broke
3,308 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually did do a search and didn't see anyone bring up the fitment issue. So many pages and threads on filters I could have missed it.
when i had k&N the fitmint wasn't that bad.. the airbox had a little gap but it still was shut. with no leaks. it was one of those things that u gotta force it in... uhh

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
ohhhh PLEASE !!!! Do yourselves a favour and take your k&n filter throw it in the garbage after you cut it up into many little pieces so no one else has the misfortune of installing a filter that has visible holes in it where dirt goes through. When will this insanity end !!

For the record every k&n install I've removed off a bike didn't fit worth a shit.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.