Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a warning to anyone who may be considering buying a bike from Ken Carr Honda in King of Prussia, PA. DON'T DO IT!! They will lie to you, rip you off, and then accuse you of trying to scam THEM. I was supposed to get my 1kRR from them. Needless to say, I bought elsewhere.
They were dead set on MSRP, would not budge. Ok, I can understand that on a brand new model. None in stock, 3 week wait. Kinda lame considering they won't move on the price. Again, new model, so kind of understandable. $380 shipping/set up fee. That's crazy for ANY model
The real killer was on my trade. I have an `00 SuperHawk also. I was willing to buy the 1kRR outright if need be, but we discussed trade. The discussion ended with me being told that he was pretty sure he could give me low 5's for the SH depending on condition as they had to see it still (bike is super low mileage and in great shape). So we sorted everything out and I was to bring my SH in the next week. But they kept pushing for me to leave a $1000 deposit. Every other word out of his mouth was "deposit". I finally told him flat out that I was not leaving a cash deposit on a bike that they don't even have in stock when my down payment would be another bike. He finally got the hint.
Take the SH in the next week and this time I get to deal with their sales manager. After a quick look over my bike, he said they would only give me $3100 for it. Here is where it got ugly. I had him get the salesman I was dealing with. They said book was $4000 trade, and they had to knock $700 off that because Honda was offering a rebate on NEW Hawks. WTF does a rebate on a NEW bike have to do with trade in on a used bike? Someone looking at a $9000 bike is not the same customer looking at a low mileage used bike in the $5000-6000 range. Also said they had to deduct because my bike was in "rough condition". Some of the NEW bikes on their showroom floor had more scratches than my bike does. Claimed they had to replace a fork leg to sell it because it has a 1/2" scratch on it where my roommate accidentally bumped it with the snow blower while in the garage for the winter (and by scratch, I mean that it is nothing more than a tiny scratch in the aluminum leg). This dude was just trying to get one over on me thinking I'm some dumb kid. He was rude with me right from the start, and then became belligerent when I confronted the salesman about our "arrangement". The salesman pretty much said I was lying about what he said, and the paperwork we had made notes on "mysteriously" disappeared even though he claims he keeps everything he writes down. His exact words were "I'm not going to call you a liar, BUT.....", which as we all know is just a nice way of calling you a liar. Kinda like "I hate to say I told ya so, BUT....". Said I was "making it up to get a better deal". So they then continue to insist that he told me from the start that $4000 was the absolute max he said he could give me and that I was "mistaken" and then STILL tried to get me to buy the bike. Claimed that we had a "deal" and that I was "obligated" to buy it because they "reserved it" for me. That was the end for me, and I left. My father had been in there the day before ready to buy a VTX1800 and said the salesman he dealt with was also rude to him, and was also completely clueless about the machines he was selling (told my dad the VTX had carburetors when it has FI).
I will never go back there, even for parts. Which really sucks since they are 5 minutes from my house and the next closest is almost an hour away. We may take a ride over there next week though on my new RR and my dads new Sabre 1100 (he decided the VTX was too much money) and show them the $20,000 sale they lost :lol: For the record though, I ended up getting my RR at Montgomeryville Cycle Center in Hatfield, PA. $1000 off list right from the door ($9998) with only a $99 shipping/set-up fee. Ended up getting it for $10,764 out the door. And the salesman was very honest about the SH trade option and that it wasn't a bike they were really interested in so they couldn't give me alot for it. Which was perfectly fine with me because he was honest with me about it.
So all in all, don't deal with Ken Carr Honda as they concerned with nothing more than taking as much of your money as they can.

Bug

·
Registered
119 Posts
Damn that sucks, some people just won't budge I suppose. I've been to two different bike dealers, one was Honda and the other Kawasaki, was originally looking at the 10R, was offered $3000 AUS less at the Kwaka shop, looks like I'll be getting a Blade, counting the days down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ken Carr Cycle Center

Are they still in business?

I have found better pricing on new bikes at Montgomeryville Cycle Center in Hatfield PA.

When KCCC would not honor a $5.00 coupon from the Honda Riders Club on $60.00 worth of parts I knew they were in trouble.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
In the old days when there was no internet or mobile phones businesses got away with this kind of stuff but nowadays the word spreads around pretty fast. Looks like KC needs to readjust their attitude towards customers. Anyway glad it worked out for you in the end.

·
Licensed Street Pilot
1,460 Posts
My club got a few bikes from WV. I understand its about a 4 hour road trip from PA area, but the ride back is retarded fun plus you gonna save a good 2 grand.Twisties all thru the backwoods of WV. PM me and I'll give you the number. I bought my 954 back in 03 from there for 7795 OTD. They were willing to sell me the 08 for 9895 OTD. They hold it down there.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'd check every dealer in 500 mile radius, and let em know that who ever has the best price gets the sale, I'm sure in this toliet economy it's a buyers market, especially for a 10 grand bike in the winter time. can't imagine prospective buyers walking in every few mins.

·
Banned
20,313 Posts
I will never go back there, even for parts. Which really sucks since they are 5 minutes from my house and the next closest is almost an hour away.
I hear ya on this one. I have a dealer, also 5 minutes away, that I won't even buy oil at. I've bought 2 bikes in the past 3 years and both have been purchased from a dealership over 3 hours away.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Ken Carr Cycle Center Strikes again

So a mere 382 miles ago on my blade (at 9059 miles) my stator died. I take it to Ken Carr because it's the closest dealer to my house to have the ACG warranty extension performed. When I get there, Vince (the main tech/service dept manager pretty much denied the whole issue existed (and everyone except the general manager seemed to back him up). They told me I would have to have the warranty paperwork with me (the person on the phone told me just to bring the bike in) or else they were going to charge me a diagnostic fee to perform the work because it might not be the stator.....RIIiiight! So, I had the paperwork but it was at home somewhere and I wasn't sure where it was, but there was no way I was gonna pay them a fee for a known issue that my bike was covered for 1. with my 4 year extended factory warranty and 2. for the extra warranty extension under this sevice bulletin. So about an hour or so and a fax from American Honda later (a copy of the service bulletin), my bike was dropped off and they agreed to do the work so long as I brought my own copy of the bulletin with me upon completion of the work, but only after the general manager went to speak with the service guy. So about a week or so goes by and they still have my bike (everyday I called they gave me the 'ol, I should be able to get to it today or tomorrow routine) which pisses me off since it's my primary transportation and I had to get rides to work everyday and it is a KNOWN problem on our bikes...should've only been a few days before I had it back....basically holding my bike hostage since he did not like me challenging him on the service warranty. So one lucky day I call back and he says it's all finished. I asked him if it's running because I was worried that the battery would be dead even with the new stator and he says yeah, come on in and pick it up. So when I get there to pick it up, the bike won't start....GREAT! Now he tells his lacky to go get a new battery which he installs and the bike's finally running again. Before leaving I check over the bike and notice that a bolt for my left side fairing is missing that was there upon dropoff. they say they didn't even touch that so it must've been gone prior to that. When I get home and check under the seat....one of the washers that goes into the plastic tab for the seat is also missing....sons of bitches!!!!

Anyway that's my wonderful first experience with KCCC and I vowed never to go back to them.....until the other night. I had just gotten back to my friends house after day 3 of our 12 hour/day intensive board review course and go to my bike to start it....nothing, DEAD AGAIN after ONLY 389 miles (it's on a battery tender after every ride)!!!!!!! So a bump start later I get back home severely agitated. I don't think they ever replaced my stator. They probably just held my bike for over a week and replaced the battery that I watched them do when it was supposedly "finished and running" and ready to be picked up. I am so pissed at them and of course today they're not open to call. I can't wait to talk to them tomorrow! :shoot::shoot::shoot:KCCC! I wonder if there's a way to see if Honda actually received my old stator and flywheel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I have bought 2 bikes from KCCC, a 750 Shadow (which I got for just under retail) and a VFR 25th Anniversary (which I got over $2k under retail as a leftover) and had a great experience both times.

When KCCC was in KOP they did have some questionable people staffing the sales floor but that was over 4 years ago. When they moved to Norristown they pretty much had an entirely new staff with a few exceptions (Vince in the shop, who was let go and is now at another Honda dealer, and Karen in parts who is great to deal with).

Anyway, a few have recent posts about their service issues at KCCC, I don't see how that could be at all possible since they CLOSED at the end of 2008 due to issues with their building lease.

·
Premium Member
21,850 Posts
Well I have bought 2 bikes from KCCC, a 750 Shadow (which I got for just under retail) and a VFR 25th Anniversary (which I got over $2k under retail as a leftover) and had a great experience both times.

When KCCC was in KOP they did have some questionable people staffing the sales floor but that was over 4 years ago. When they moved to Norristown they pretty much had an entirely new staff with a few exceptions (Vince in the shop, who was let go and is now at another Honda dealer, and Karen in parts who is great to deal with).

Anyway, a few have recent posts about their service issues at KCCC, I don't see how that could be at all possible since they CLOSED at the end of 2008 due to issues with their building lease.

and you work there right? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
311 Posts

thats strange because they just answered the phone........I'm calling bull shit on this one

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.