Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
I've never heard of one but here's the Sure Shot version. It's $86.49 (!) on Amazon.

Can get one for less than $50 (sureshot) the other brands are around $20

Shop for sureshot solvent can on Google

Sure Shot (SUR1000) ...
$42.64
ToolTopia.com

Sure Shot Sprayers ‑ 1qt ...
$54.98
Amazon.com
Free shipping

"Sure Shot Model A Steel ...
$51.66
Handsontools

Sure Shot (SUR1000R) ...
$44.83
ToolTopia.com

Sure Shot Sprayer 32 oz ...
$64.99
Eastwood Com...

Milwaukee Sure Shot Sprayer ...
$52.85
eBay
Free shipping

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I guess Sure Shot makes different versions. The one I saw on Amazon for $86.49 is this one:

CRC Sure Shot Reusable Sprayer

After a bit off research Amazon also sells a green Sure Shot version for $42.64 (plus shipping) and other brands for as low as $26.46, although Sure Shot is made in the USA. I'd pay a little more just for that. After reading some reviews you apparently get what you pay for.

I dunno...I could buy a lot of $1 plastic spray bottles that would last me a long time, too. My can of DuPont Teflon Chain-Saver arrived yesterday. I bought it based on the discussion in this thread. As long as it doesn't turn my chain white like the Bel-Ray stuff does I'll at least be happy with that.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I guess Sure Shot makes different versions. The one I saw on Amazon for $86.49 is this one:

CRC Sure Shot Reusable Sprayer

After a bit off research Amazon also sells a green Sure Shot version for $42.64 (plus shipping) and other brands for as low as $26.46, although Sure Shot is made in the USA. I'd pay a little more just for that. After reading some reviews you apparently get what you pay for.

I dunno...I could buy a lot of $1 plastic spray bottles that would last me a long time, too. My can of DuPont Teflon Chain-Saver arrived yesterday. I bought it based on the discussion in this thread. As long as it doesn't turn my chain white like the Bel-Ray stuff does I'll at least be happy with that.

As far as I am aware Milwaukee Sure Shot only makes one model, they are just different colors (green, red, black) so you can have multiple cans with different solvents in them and they are easily identifiable. All colors can be had on Ebay for under $50.
I have only used Milwaukee Sure Shot so I can't speak on the other brands but I've had mine going on 15 years without a single issue. I'd say I got my moneys worth. They also spray a lot of solvent so its not like having to pump a little squirt bottle. IMO you wont be disappointed and be glad you got one.
I do know other guys who have tried the cheaper cans and say the seals leak, solvent eats the spray nozzles, and the coating peels off the cans.
I use mine for cleaning parts, washing paint off my hands (not the best idea), spraying degreaser prior to painting parts, its a handy little can.

·
Premium Member
4,907 Posts
I've been using Maxima Chain Wax for about a decade. When I found it I was stoked that I wouldn't have to deal with oil and grease slung all over my bike. AND it smells like Crayola crayons! I use it on the bicycles too.

https://www.amazon.com/Maxima-74920-Chain-Wax-Aerosol/dp/B0012TZ1RU

Anyone have a comparison to the Dupont Chain Saver? I never heard of it until this thread.
I have used Maxima before and it was good. I think the teflon in the Dupont makes it a bit better. Sprockets seem to last forever. Even on the track bike.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I’ve been using kerosene for years, it does wonders to a chain and lubricates during the cleaning process. Win Win

·
Registered
184 Posts
This is from my 2007 I just traded in, that chain was at least 4 years old in that pic. Cleaned with nothing but kerosene about every other wash or so then oiled with chain wax. I bought the gallon jug of kerosene from Lowe's back in 2012 for $5. Still have about a half a gallon left and I gave my buddy a spray bottle full of it. I just keep it in a spray bottle (old simple green bottle). It's been in that same bottle since 2012, No issues at all and it only takes about 10-15 pumps, I can live with that. Can't go wrong with kerosene and a left over simple green bottle!

Attachments

41 - 58 of 58 Posts