Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seven years ago, I tried to purchase a motorcycle from these guys. The only thing they wanted to discuss was monthly payments. After speaking with the general manager recently, I decided to see if anything had changed. This time, the sales staff were significantly better. They were able to discuss the motorcycle I wanted to buy and weren't hung up on the monthly payments. That's kind of where the good news ends. It took two weeks for them to decide to call me back to tell me they couldn't order my bike because there was some confusion as to the color (red, not black). Once that confusion was cleared up, they promised to have the bike in two weeks. They again blew the deadline. At the end of two weeks, they told me that it would be four or five days more and that they would give me a tracking number that evening. Neither of those promises were true. They called me on Friday at 10 in the morning promising that the bike would arrive at noon. Again, it was a no show without even a phone call. This morning at 10 they called saying that it would be in at 4:30. By some stroke of luck, it actually showed up. Now I'm not sure if all of the problems were dealer related, or if Honda had anything to do with the delays, all I know is that it was a very slow and painful process to purchase a bike that they did not have on the floor.

·
Blue Devil
3,465 Posts
I used to work on a dealer, that sounds like the dealer fault. Dealers when they don't have the colors of the bike you want they can order then from the manufacturer or they can get it from another dealer. Where i used to work we usually get it from another dealer because is faster, however the other dealer have to cooperate also, we usually trade something they will want or buy it from the dealer. Then our driver will go and pick it up, usually the same day. It sound like your dealer has not experience doing this kind of things or just don't care. But the key for this to work is the other dealer most agreed to the deal, they don't have to do it. The dealers chose how many bikes they want and the colors they want for each model.

·
Whatever, Let's Ride
236 Posts
I used to work on a dealer, that sounds like the dealer fault. Dealers when they don't have the colors of the bike you want they can order then from the manufacturer or they can get it from another dealer. Where i used to work we usually get it from another dealer because is faster, however the other dealer have to cooperate also, we usually trade something they will want or buy it from the dealer. Then our driver will go and pick it up, usually the same day. It sound like your dealer has not experience doing this kind of things or just don't care. But the key for this to work is the other dealer most agreed to the deal, they don't have to do it. The dealers chose how many bikes they want and the colors they want for each model.
Exactly this...

This is how I was able to get my SP2...Rich and the boys at Honda of Houston did some amazing horse-trading to get it for me.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Seven years ago, I tried to purchase a motorcycle from these guys. The only thing they wanted to discuss was monthly payments. After speaking with the general manager recently, I decided to see if anything had changed. This time, the sales staff were significantly better. They were able to discuss the motorcycle I wanted to buy and weren't hung up on the monthly payments. That's kind of where the good news ends. It took two weeks for them to decide to call me back to tell me they couldn't order my bike because there was some confusion as to the color (red, not black). Once that confusion was cleared up, they promised to have the bike in two weeks. They again blew the deadline. At the end of two weeks, they told me that it would be four or five days more and that they would give me a tracking number that evening. Neither of those promises were true. They called me on Friday at 10 in the morning promising that the bike would arrive at noon. Again, it was a no show without even a phone call. This morning at 10 they called saying that it would be in at 4:30. By some stroke of luck, it actually showed up. Now I'm not sure if all of the problems were dealer related, or if Honda had anything to do with the delays, all I know is that it was a very slow and painful process to purchase a bike that they did not have on the floor.
Ahhh, Las Cruces! Very nice riding area!! Ruidoso as well1!

·
Registered
214 Posts
The twistys through Sunspot and Timberon are awesome as well. Just watch out for the wildlife! Cows and elk think they own the road.

Ok I will try to make that ride soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts