Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was dumb, 5 mph I thought the car in front had made his turn, I looked left for traffic and when I looked back he was stopped, I grabbed too much brake front tire came out BOOM!

No major damage scuffed the fairing a little, broke the brake lever and small nick on bar end.

I dont know if im just being paranoid but the bike feels different.

Is there anything that serious that could happen from a drop that slow?

·
Mr. Bish
32,613 Posts
Just make sure no fluids are leaking, but MMML is right. Not much to be done at that speed.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Sorry to hear...youll be ok and bike too.
Funny thing same crap almost happened to me yesturday, had to grab a handful of brake..thought guy had taken off I started to move while looking to left....o sh*t moment. :)

·
Premium Member
3,660 Posts
MAJOR DAMAGE. Take this time for some upgrades....
Broken Brake lever=Brembo master cylinder
Scuffed bar end=full exhaust
Scuffed plastics=Full race-replica paint job
Sounds like alot, but you'll feel sooooooo good afterwards!!!!!

·
Kamikaze
14,397 Posts
Sorry to hear about it dude. Learn a lesson from this and never use more than two fingers on the brake at any time, I personally only use one for this exact reason. You can easily skid your front wheel or bring the back wheel off the ground if you use all 4 fingers on the brake but unless you're the hulk this can't happen with a single finger. A single finger will give you all the braking force you will ever need on the street.

I doubt you broke anything but your pride, your bike's scratched but fine - unless you have visible metal damage other then small scratches. It might buff out ;)

·
Registered
809 Posts
I like Captain Wallabees sugestions...good time for upgrades.

Also, allways remember to look again at the vehicle in front of you going into an intersection and such. I had a similar accident a few years back where I was looking into the traffic on the perpendicular road and the car in front of me seemed to have gone but it decided to stop again while I was looking in the other direction to make sure I could go.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha thanks for the laughs guys and positive comments

youre right my pride definitely took the most damage

I came up a little short of captain wallabees suggestions but I did replace the stock levers with black anodized ones and got some frame sliders :thumbsup:

·
̿ '̿'̿\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿
5,175 Posts
I did the same once at the track after coming in I was making a slow u turn and was just all tired and stupid and grabbed too much brake (new pads and lines) and tucked it...Sliders have helped me more than they have hurt on 2 occasions now. without them Id have had scuffs that I couldn't live with in fresh paint :(

·
Registered
236 Posts
lol traffic... dumb bish pulled out in front of me the other night... gave her an eye full of strobing hi/low beams. sometimes i wish i had the time to stop them and tell them how much a f*kiung idiot they are for doing that shite

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
MAJOR DAMAGE. Take this time for some upgrades....
Broken Brake lever=Brembo master cylinder
Scuffed bar end=full exhaust
Scuffed plastics=Full race-replica paint job
Sounds like alot, but you'll feel sooooooo good afterwards!!!!!
i agree.. hahahahah.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
123 Posts
that sucks. Sorry to hear about the drop. Good to hear your okay. I'm sure the only thing hurt is your pride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts