Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright fellas, I'm looking to get some leathers and boots. What do you guys recommend? I'm riding in the hills and hopfully gonna hit a track day soon. Down at the shop they can get me a good deal on a Joe Rocket two piece. I've heard good and bad about the Joe Rocket. I'm looking for input at this time. Thx fellas.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I need boots as well. I won't comment on what I have been wearing to this point on my feet. Joker, we gonna hook up for a ride this weekend? I would like to go to a track day as well so keep me informed on what your gonna do. I only have 300 miles on the beast. I want 300 more before monday.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Sub, I don't know about this weekend, Easter and all, but I think next Saturday I'm good if that works for you. I only have 300 miles on mine too. Friday I'm gonna try and ride it to some training I have to go to.

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
Kobe for the leathers - great quality, good looks, and better price. Takes a while to break them in, but that's the way all leathers are...and I'm a fat guy, so it takes me even longer. :oops: Boots....well, depends on what you're looking for. Check out www.newenough.com for some great deals.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I've owned Teknic, Joe Rocket, Kushitani, and Alpinestars leathers and gloves & Alpinestars and Sidi boots. The quality difference in expensive leather (Jackets especially) is amazing. The fit & finish varies widely, and the comfort difference is huge. Not to mention durability. But you do pay for it. I liked my Kushitani gear, but it really is designed around the average sized Japanese man (Which is waaaaayyyy smaller than me). I've pretty much been sold on Alpinestars for the last 5 years. I originally ordered the Alpinestars gear because I think it's some of the best looking out there, I stayed with them because of the comfort and durability. There are some other companys out there that I would consider trying, but they are even more expensive. After saving my butt more than once, I will go without a bike before I go without good gear.

Current Leathers & Boots:

Alpinestars SMX Air-Flo Jacket - Friggin love it! Obsurdly comfortable with mad ventilation!

Alpinestars GP Tech Gloves - Comfortable, Ram-Air on backs of knuckles & on both cuffs to blow up your sleaves <---- Very trick!

Sidi Vertebra Race Boots - Very comfortable with awesome protection

·
Huge Member
707 Posts
I can not speak about full leathers but I have had a couple of Joe Rocket items (jackets and gloves) and the quality is lacking. I swear by alpinestars. Their quality is first rate.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hi all!! I've had several sets of leathers, boots, gloves, etc. Previous wore AGV leathers and Alpinestars boots...Joe Rocket gloves. Last summer I bought a Teknic Violator suit w/speedhump. I love it...fits really well and comfortable (while riding). Wouldn't want to walk very far in it...lol!! Wearing Kobe gloves and Sidi vertabrae race boots. So far this is my favorite combination out of everything I used to wear in the past.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hey joker I just saw your reply. I can't ride this weekend I have a few bicycle races down in Monterey I'm doing. Anyone else interested in pedaling 60 miles up some hills as fast as you can? Next weekend looks good though, I will let you know.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Sub said:
Hey joker I just saw your reply. I can't ride this weekend I have a few bicycle races down in Monterey I'm doing. Anyone else interested in pedaling 60 miles up some hills as fast as you can? Next weekend looks good though, I will let you know.
I don't think I would want to pedal 60 feet uphill. I'd be happy to catwalk past you and wave though. :D

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well fellas. I'm gonna go with the Alpinestar set-up. Haven't figured out what exact suit yetm one or two piece. I'm leaning towards the full Italian leather. The gp tech gloves and the S-MX plus boots.

Hey Sub, What are you doing the 1st of May. My local shop is having a ride and bbq if your interested.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I may be interested in coming down. We have to hook up sometime soon though. I haven't put hardly any miles on my bike, only 400. I'be been sick and really busy plus the weather has been a little chilly. Get back to me on the BBQ.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
If you guys need boots and wear a size 11- 111/2 these boots will macth oyur new red RR perfectly. They are brand new still in box never worn they cost 240 i paid 258 with shipping,Selling them for 200

·
Registered
212 Posts
Joker45,

I don't know how impatient you are, but it may be worth waiting a few months and checking the gear out at the Laguna Seca AMA races. Lots of different vendors.

I am not sure where you are located in terms of Monterey.

You can get some good deals out there and try on different brands to find what works for you best.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
adrnocrome said:
Joker45,

I don't know how impatient you are, but it may be worth waiting a few months and checking the gear out at the Laguna Seca AMA races. Lots of different vendors.

I am not sure where you are located in terms of Monterey.

You can get some good deals out there and try on different brands to find what works for you best.
Adrnocrome, Thx for the info but I already ordered my stuff and got acouple of the items in. BigRome highjacked my thread to sell his stuff :bitchsla: j/k

Here's some of the stuff I have already.
http://www.1000rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=374

·
Registered
425 Posts
Big Rome hijacked the whole site with that picture on the home page :p Boots and gloves look good joker, we will have to compare yours and mine and see which ones are better. I've been thinking about getting a leather suit as well. Are you picking one up? I currently ride with a Joe Rocket jacket which I actually like, and a pair of aerostitch pants that I wear over a pair of jeans if it's cold or shorts in the summer. Didn't think I wanted leather but the more I ride I'm thinking i will look into it.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea Sub, i'm getting the Alpinestar Venom 2 piece suit. That way I can wear the jacket only if I want for some errand around town. It should be in tomarrow. As soon as I get the stuff in I'll post picks of all my gear.

·
Registered
425 Posts
sounds good. I've heard that the one piece is the way to go? It seems like a 2 piece would be more convenient for certain things but I've heard the zippers can fail? I will probably start looking into them soon. I plan on doing some track days this summer. Do you know of any tracks in the central valley or anywhere near you? Laguna Seca is 3 hrs. away and I heard there is one outside of Reno which is about the same distance for me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.