1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
526 Posts
I like the idea of having it alternate colors but I'd want to see a video of one first.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Count me in.
I like another integrator a little better because its programmable but this one more due to the alternating color. Tempted to do it myself though but that a bit of time to get it right.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will have the price including shipping as soon as I receive the batch of them. They should be in by mon or tue. High Speed Technology is making one currently that is programmable but the blinkers are not very distinguishable while braking. This one is a lot safer because of the two colors. I can get you guys the other ones also if you want them. They are not available yet though.

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
wow that is cool....

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Regardless of color, integrated tail lights confuse cagers, period. If you are actually concerned about others knowing when you are turning, you need to get some kind of external turn signals. Integraters are for looks, not for safety factor.

·
Registered
604 Posts
IronNutz said:
Regardless of color, integrated tail lights confuse cagers, period. If you are actually concerned about others knowing when you are turning, you need to get some kind of external turn signals. Integraters are for looks, not for safety factor.
agreed... and it's just giving the cops another excuse to pull you over

·
Senior Citizen
548 Posts
I'm with IronNutz and Heth on this one. But I wouldn't mind more modern looking signals -- more like the new R1's.

·
Registered
516 Posts
You could have huge turn signals the size of basketballs and cagers still wouldn't look - have to rely on your own awarness, and try to predict what they'll do - as long as the other riders in your gruop aren't confused by your integrated system it's cool.

I'm getting the UFO from High Tech Speed ( http://www.hightechspeed.com ). There are videos on their site - they will have a version 2.0 integrator kit for the 1000RR that is coming out in about 2 weeks, which will have amber leds for turning.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
A buddy of mine has an integrated undertail lighting system, and the turn signals are blue. They look cool at night, but during the day you have to stare at the tailsection to figure out what he is doing. There are several people that ride in my group that have integrators. They are much more difficult to decipher in a quick amount of time even for me, and I know what to look for. Especially when getting on and off the brakes, it makes everything back there blink on and off. I'm just saying, they are for looks. Functionality wise, they are not the greatest. The amber LED's are the best idea for an integrator I've seen. Hopefully they make them more distinguishable.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I just ordered the LED integrated taillight/turnsignal from McCoy but they said the Libertek flasher will not work on the 1000RR, can anyone that's done this mod comment? This flasher should work on any vehicle, I know it works on the 929/954.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Just installed the Custom LED integrated taillight and it does clean up the tail section really well. I imagine the Libertek flasher would work if you can find the stock flasher to replace it. I ended up installing a load equalizer to slow the flash rate, not the best solution but a far easier one to implement.

Cutting the taillight apart to install the other circuit board is a PIA but other than that it's straight forward. The turn signals are quite bright and visible provided you are directly behind the bike, off to the side you really can't distinguish which direction it's indicating. I don't consider this a major shortcoming since it would be pretty unusual for someone to be that far off to one side of the rear. Obviously it is not as effective as stock flashers but if you suppliment your turns with hand signals there should be no issue.

Overall it's a nice cosmetic mod, total cost about $250 to complete.

bid

edit: added a vid clip, don't know if it'll work though

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.