Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Stand your ground
1,102 Posts
That's actually quite common. What you have to watch out for is when they try and add "ADM" which is added dealer markup. It can more than make up for the lower advertised price.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I got my 0-mile '16 Repsol new from a local dealership, last year for $9995 and it's a better bike. No ADM. Just tax, tags, and title. I was OTD at $12K. Not saying this isn't a good deal. But keep your eyes peeled for other 2-year old showroom hold-overs and you'll be surprised what you can find.

·
Registered
78 Posts
^^
Tax, title and tags don't add up 2k, at least not Florida. If the price is 10k, then I have 700 in tax, $150 in title and $25 in tags only if I'm not using my previous tag, so a bit under 1k. So you may have had some fees there.

I went to the dealer to check one of those 10k-0 miles 2017's and the OTD price was a bit over 12k. In three months you put 3k miles on it and you have a three years old bike, probably worth 9k or 10k. Not bad. That's how it works, but my point is that it's not the deal of the century. I seems to me to be the right price for the bike.

It looks like Honda expected the 2017 to be the great thing, and it didn't. They're still trying to move some of those out the of the showroom.

Also, it looks like is not the dealers who over stocked. The one that I went to see, the dealer told me that Honda USA had the bike and was looking for dealers to sell them. So when the bike reached the dealer, its price was already 10k.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Arizona tax is close to 10%, tags are based on vehicle value and were about $300.

... just found my paperwork. Tax was $900, title was $500, tags/registration was $300. They hit me with another $300 for freight and set-up. Still a fair deal, that's why I rode it home.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I am in the process of taking to several dealers for an upgrade. Looked at the following 3 bikes; 2019 BMWS1000R SP, 2018 CBR1000RR, and 2018 Kawi ZX10R. The trick is to ask them upfront out the door price, so some of them are adding setup fee, etc, Always ask upfront to them if you adding any fees. No luck so far for me as they are low balling my bike as a trade-in.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You figure out your OTD price and name it. If they bite, good. If they don't go to the next dealer. If no dealer bites, then you're too low. Don't let play the BS fees game.

As for your trade, if the bike is good, if you list it for the KBB trade in price, you should move it quick.

·
Super-Moderator
537 Posts
As for your trade, if the bike is good, if you list it for the KBB trade in price, you should move it quick.
When trading in, also consider the tax savings, (if you're in a State that offers this), it could make the difference between trading it in, and having to deal with a bunch of potential tire kickers.

·
Registered
181 Posts
They had 2, I got one of them in November. The price was the reason, I had sworn THAT DEALER WILL NEVER SEE MY BUSINESS EVER. Asshat is a perfect description for them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm picking up a 2017 1000RR tomorrow with this exact situation.
Price is $10,799 and after tax, title, license and setup its $12,513.
I was thinking this sounds pretty good

·
Super-Moderator
537 Posts
It looks like 2018 SP's left over are being offered as low as $14k. Maybe $16k OTD?

It looks like 2018 SP's left over are being offered as low as $14k. Maybe $16k OTD?
Depends on whether you live in a State that requires sales tax and/or what %.

Def deals to be had on new ‘18 SP’s..

Just did a quick search, I’m guessing quite a few have been bought up these past few months, but this is what’s overtly available:

Most of these will be plus dealer fees up to $1500, some will tell you this, some will not.

I know this because I contacted them before I bought my recently purchased, new ‘18 SP.

If you’re in the NE USA, the dealer where I bought mine, was fine to deal with, and included most all fees in the advertised price, he has at least one:

Personally, I think that price is a steal, given all the cash, Honda is throwing at it.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts