Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, yeah, so did I, but the RC51 has both a soft and hard rev limiter. You can actually get about 7-8 more hp by just jumping 2 wires on the ECU and going straight to the hard limiter.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
gRReg said:
Well, yeah, so did I, but the RC51 has both a soft and hard rev limiter. You can actually get about 7-8 more hp by just jumping 2 wires on the ECU and going straight to the hard limiter.
Wow I didn't know that, and I have a $20k RC51 sitting in my garage with every mod you can think of :D

I don't think it has a soft rev on it, the RC would stop at like 9k or 9500 RPM's, I didn't feel the same thing on the Blade though :?:

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, you can move the limiter to 10200 with the mod. Go to www.rc51.org and go to the mods page. It's there.

As for the RR, I've had it to redline, but not the limiter. I was just wondering if it had one (a soft limiter, that is).

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
gRReg said:
Yeah, you can move the limiter to 10200 with the mod. Go to www.rc51.org and go to the mods page. It's there.

As for the RR, I've had it to redline, but not the limiter. I was just wondering if it had one.
I know that, I was being a smartass :D I did that, the PAIR, and flapper about 2 weeks after I bought it but thanks for the redundancy :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.