Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious because there is some grade A fuckery going on with manufacturers detuning North American bikes. Ie 2011 zx10r should be putting out 200 bhp but I've seen dyno sheets putting out a pussy 150whp.
If you have a 1000cc supersport, could you report on how much whp you're putting down? Bike info (year, model, special editions, mods before and after dyno if possible, etc) and what country the bike is in would be helpful.
This is not purchase advice, mods please don't delete my shit. This is vital information.

Also I know that there is a 15% loss to the drivetrain, that doesn't nearly explain the massive discrepancies reported on the forums (like 50 hp from engine to wheel is lost)

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm not trolling. I'm looking at a getting a 1000cc supersport and I really like the cbr1000rr styling and reliability, but am a little put off about how they're dynoing pretty low, compared to the other 1000s. I guess mainly the zx10r, since the r1 is also lower on hp.

Any thoughts on this or what aftermarket parts I would need to make around 170whp 200 bhp? This is about my goal.

· Registered
407 Posts
Up to 100 mph most are all very close simply because not all of the power can be put to the ground below 80-90 mph where you are topping out in first gear.

There is a cheap and easy fix to the CBR horsepower. Send your ECU out to be tuned. In the U.S. rear wheel power is around 150. The tune gets it to the upper 160s.

· Tech SuperMod!
1,247 Posts
ECU tune is the cheapest way to add horsepower. Beyond that, engine modifications get extremely expensive for diminishing returns.

For example, a $200 flash from a reputable vendor will add 15-20hp to a stock restricted bike. But to get an additional 15-20hp you are looking at $3-5k motor work not including labor.

· Registered
242 Posts
Yes you are correct the Honda CBR1000RR models are down on power as compared to the other manufactures. If you compare the engine specs you will find that the Honda engines come with a lower compression ratio and smaller camshafts as compared to the other brands. As a result these engines make about 20-25 less horsepower then the other brands do. An ECU flash will add about 8-9 mores horsepower which will bring the horsepower output to about 166-167 horsepower. Most of the other brands are making between 180-185 horsepower so you will still be down on performance to the other brands. Our Superbike package will bring your Honda right in line as far as performance to the other brands.
Thanks Dan

· a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
2,278 Posts
Keep in mind that the SC77’s are considerably lighter than most of the other liter bikes, & every 7lbs less, is 1HP.
Having your ecu flashed, combined wt the light weight, makes a formidable, torquey, back road burner.

· a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
2,278 Posts
That's the generation right? A bit disheartening that it needs so much work to keep up with the big dogs. C'mon honda. And people are pricing these things too. Can't find one under $10k that isn't an 2009 or older
I suppose that’s one of the reasons they produced the latest SC82 generation, (the RR-R Fireblade), it’s got the powah..

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I suppose that’s one of the reasons they produced the latest SC82 generation, (the RR-R Fireblade), it’s got the powah..
For what price though? The RR-R SP is like $30k just to be on the same level as bikes which cost about half as much, like 17k for a zx10r. That's just a neg on Honda in my book. I'm not trolling but some of you honda guys have to be upset about this right?

I just checked the cbr1000rr hp for 2020 and it's 189, but the rr-r-sp is 215 which is really good, but again the pricepoint would make people just buy other liter bikes instead or s1000rr.

I see in your flair you have the sp -- I think the sp distinction is just suspension work right? No engine or hp differences? Can you tell me the difference between cbr1000rr v cbr1000rr-r v cbr1000rr-r-sp please? Maybe there's a faster model I'm missing between the sp and the regular 1000rr that I can get 200 hp out of.

Again, I didn't come on here to downtalk honda even if it may seem like it. Please don't ban me lol. I'm trying to learn the ins and outs to make an informed purchase. thanks.

· Premium Member
409 Posts
IMHO it’s not about just outright hp numbers. Dyno numbers are mainly for bragging rights, so I take those numbers with a grain of salt. Yea I’m not gonna get a bike with 90hp, but I don’t need the highest outputting one either, especially for street use. I like Honda because they are well rounded bikes. They may not have the highest hp numbers in the pack, but it’s made up in other areas. On the track, my 954 gets swallowed by Ducati’s and other high horsepower bikes on long straights, but I’m catching back up, passing, and opening a gap in the technical sections, so much so that by the next lap’s straight they are still behind me. My ‘17 SP is alot of fun after getting it flashed despite the rated power and the only real difference with the SP over base models is the suspension/quickshifter/brakes that comes with them out of the box. Yea my ‘21 SP has more power, but probably would’ve gotten it regardless of what it made, especially since the US versions are nerfed, its not making the 215bhp like the EU version without flashing.

Reactions: J D

· Registered
407 Posts
For what price though? The RR-R SP is like $30k just to be on the same level as bikes which cost about half as much, like 17k for a zx10r. That's just a neg on Honda in my book. I'm not trolling but some of you honda guys have to be upset about this right?

I just checked the cbr1000rr hp for 2020 and it's 189, but the rr-r-sp is 215 which is really good, but again the pricepoint would make people just buy other jap liter bikes instead or s1000rr.

I see in your flair you have the sp -- I think the sp distinction is just suspension work right? No engine or hp differences? Can you tell me the difference between cbr1000rr v cbr1000rr-r v cbr1000rr-r-sp please? Maybe there's a faster model I'm missing between the sp and the regular 1000rr that I can get 200 hp out of.

Again, I didn't come on here to downtalk honda even if it may seem like it. Please don't ban me lol. I'm trying to learn the ins and outs to make an informed purchase. thanks.
I recently read an article on a new M1000RR. It dyno’d at 161 rear wheel. All bikes are being neutered to meet standards. BMW told them they make an engine that will make good power up to 15,000, but they leave it to the owner to have it flashed to make the power it was designed for.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Many brands are simply restricted to meet noise emissions. An ecu flash resolves this simply enough.
I guess my gripe is that the cbr1000rr tuned would still make less than the zx10r. I didn't know that the 2021 rrr-sp was nerfed as well. That's some bs.

My driving would be drag racing, which is why I'm more focused on raw numbers. I'm looking for 200 bhp 170+ whp as a personal goal from a bike. Going to get a used literbike.

· Premium Member
409 Posts
I guess my gripe is that the cbr1000rr tuned would still make less than the zx10r. I didn't know that the 2021 rrr-sp was nerfed as well. That's some bs.

My driving would be drag racing, which is why I'm more focused on raw numbers. I'm looking for 200 bhp 170+ whp as a personal goal from a bike. Going to get a used literbike.
Yea, unfortunately any newer US bike will be nerfed off the showroom floor compared to its UK and most other countries counterpart (thanks EPA 😑). But yea, just a simple tune/flash will rectify that issue though so atleast it’s not the end of the world. I see your concern with it being for drag racing. Going used is a pretty good call, save some $ that you can invest in mods to reach your goal.

Reactions: J D

· Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
201 Posts

You should check out Moore Mafia's youtube channel, he builds and races drag bikes and also does videos on bikes that he has tuned. His videos cover how the bikes are restricted both mechanically and in the ECU from the factory, and what he does to un-nerf them, including before and after dyno results.

I keep hearing the 2022 CBR1000RR now makes "10 more horsepower" at 199 bhp in de-restricted form... if that's true, then at 432 lbs wet, the Honda has a better power to weight ratio than the ZX10R at 203 bhp and 454 pounds...

· Registered
2017 CBR1000RA ABS/OEM QS
56 Posts

So I've been reading your posts and what I'm about to say is based on all the misinformation you have been posting. You really have a shitty attitude about the CBR1000RR. You do know this is the CBR1000RR forum right?

You CLEARLY don't know what your talking about and just regurgitate the bullshit you hear from other people who also don't know what they are talking about. Like many people here have stated, ALL MANUFACTURERS have to meet EPA standards when it comes to noise and emissions, mostly noise otherwise the manufacturers can't sell their bikes in the US market. When Honda registered their numbers to the EPA (noise level @ 10,500 RPM) Honda had to limit the RPM range to 10,500 to meet those standards. Does that mean the engine is only good for 162bhp at 10,500rpm? Hell no! The engine produces [email protected] 13,800 rpm, they leave it up to us to un-castrate the bull! I shouldn't even be telling you this shit because I feel like your the type of person who needs to learn the hard way BUT,

1. Get yourself some EURO Honda OEM Velocity Stacks
2. Remove the Ram air intake restrictors.

3. Get a mid-pipe cat delete or if you can afford it go full titanium Akro EVO exhaust system

4. Unlock/Unrestrict Flash the ECU. If you do all the above you will be ready for an aggressive as fuck stage 3 flash.

5. Put the bike on a diet...lose weight!
Carbon wherever you can. Delete all unnecessary emissions bullshit off your bike. Delete one rotor and caliper since your setting it up for drag. I don't know how serious you are but BST carbon wheels are the lightest in the game.

I don't know what class on drag your racing but almost positive you can't control all that power without an extended swingarm so you might want to look into that as well. Change stock sprocket, are you racing 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 mile?

If your going drag and you just want "numbers" your looking at the wrong thing. Numbers are important but weight is equally or even more important than numbers. 60lbs weight loss from a bike equals roughly 10hp. As Noveske stated, with the CBR, your already ahead of the game when it comes to the lightest liter bike stock from Honda!

If you do everything stated above, you will also need to buy a case of diapers because you will be shitting in your pants at how scary fast your bike is and won't even know how to say the words Suzuki or Kawasaki because your Honda CBR will absolutely SHIT on all these other bikes!

Sorry, ignorance strikes nerves with me!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know I'm on a cbr1000rr forum and I'm not trolling. I want a cbr1000rr, but I also want the fastest bike for the money. The R1 is also slow compared to the zx10r.

I just want 200bhp/170+whp. No shade at the cbr. I was wondering what type of mods the cbr would need to get those numbers on 91 pump.

For all those mods, do you know where I'd be at with the cbr in terms of whp? @17Blades

· Registered
2017 CBR1000RA ABS/OEM QS
56 Posts
I know I'm on a cbr1000rr forum and I'm not trolling. I want a cbr1000rr, but I also want the fastest bike for the money. The R1 is also slow compared to the zx10r.

I just want 200bhp/170+whp. No shade at the cbr. I was wondering what type of mods the cbr would need to get those numbers on 91 pump.

For all those mods, do you know where I'd be at with the cbr in terms of whp? @17Blades
The thing is, ALL the bikes in the USA stock are nerfed. YouTube a stock ZX10R Dyno pull with no mods done to it and tell me what the numbers were on the Dyno. You have to Unrestrict them.

That being said, if you did what I listed
numbers 1-4 you will be around 170whp. Also if you did #5 on my list with weight loss, you will be ahead of the competition.

· Registered
2 Posts
I'm not trolling. I'm looking at a getting a 1000cc supersport and I really like the cbr1000rr styling and reliability, but am a little put off about how they're dynoing pretty low, compared to the other 1000s. I guess mainly the zx10r, since the r1 is also lower on hp.

Any thoughts on this or what aftermarket parts I would need to make around 170whp 200 bhp? This is about my goal.
older cbr 1000rr is not going to get you 170 hp at the wheel. Not happening unless you do major work to the head internals. 160 wheel hp is the normal at best

1 - 20 of 25 Posts