Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
So I replaced the stock yuasa with an Ssb lithium ion battery.
Apparently it doesn’t like the one I got as first time I rode it the tc light stayed on and the abs light was flashing.
Put the old battery back in and it stopped.
Anyone ever encountered this?
The new battery did have more CCA than the old one so perhaps that was a factor.

·
Registered
156 Posts
CCA shouldn't be a problem. What is the Ah (amp hour) rating on the LiFePo battery? That's where I've seen the issue. Lots of folks have gone too small with LiFePo batteries to save maximum weight, only to find out the Ah capacity is too low to handle the bike's draw.

Or, you could have just gotten a bad battery. Check the voltage under load. If it drops, there could be a bad cell in there. Also, be sure to use an appropriate charger, if you use one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CCA shouldn't be a problem. What is the Ah (amp hour) rating on the LiFePo battery? That's where I've seen the issue. Lots of folks have gone too small with LiFePo batteries to save maximum weight, only to find out the Ah capacity is too low to handle the bike's draw.

Or, you could have just gotten a bad battery. Check the voltage under load. If it drops, there could be a bad cell in there. Also, be sure to use an appropriate charger, if you use one.
https://superstart.com.au/lh5l-bs-high-performance-lithium-ion-phosphate-motorcycle-battery.html
There’s the one I got and it doesn’t mention the amp hour rating.

·
Registered
903 Posts
If it sits for awhile, you will want to get a Lithium-capable charger. I got a Battery Tender Jr that you can switch from Lead acid to Lithium. It was $35 on Amazon. Shorai makes one for their batteries but it is fairly expensive.

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
its the battery, get a shorai battery designed for your bike
Yep, I installed a Shorai in my '08 over 5 years ago and it still works fine. I just started my bike for the first time yesterday since putting it in winter storage 7 months ago and it fired right up. I do keep it attached to a Shorai battery maintainer when it will be sitting for long periods but I feel it has been worth it over the years.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I prefer the Antigravity batteries. I use the smallest packaged versions in all my bikes. I have two with their 12cell and two with their 8cell. I have an 8cell in the CBR.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After doing a bit of testing with the stock batttery vs the new one it appears the battery probably exceeds the maximum voltage set by the regulator.
The stock battery was 14volts and the new one was 15 so that could explain what was going on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My CBR1000RR installs RCE 7.5Ah-A lithium iron battery
This is the brand of Taiwan
It was also the battery brand designated by the original PAGANI factory.
Speeding up is much faster
There are no any abnormalities

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had to go to the dealer twice because they sold me the wrong battery. The battery the sold me was much smaller than the one that came with it. For some reason the stock number they had was for a smaller size as a replacement....wondering if anyone else had that issue.

I went back and brought my old battery to them so they could match it up. I put their "upgraded" (as the parts guy put it) battery in the bike for sh*ts and giggles and it did the same thing yours did OP- check engine light and flashing ABS. I took it right out and went straight back to the dealer (which isn't close) and swapped it out for the correct one. Be careful what "upgraded" gets you. . .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Anti Gravity Lithium Battery

I just purchased the new re-start battery from Anti Gravity over black friday. Anti Gravity was running a 25% discount on them so I got 2 for both my CBR1000RAs. So far so good, they work perfectly and the CCA are much higher (360 vs 190) as well as a slight increase on the amp hours. All for that for $150, seems like a good deal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts