Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve researched as best I can and don’t find a part number for a lithium battery. The battery manufacturers only show through 2017.

The best I can find is that an Antigravity battery for the bike might be a ATZ7-RS. Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

I have used two Shorai batteries in other bikes in the past that I was very happy with. Likewise I cannot find a part number for them. I am looking at the Antigravity because they appear to be significantly cheaper than Shorai. A part number for Shorai would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
120 Posts
Also I think it only goes to 2017 because 2017-2022 is all SC77 and almost 100% compatible.
I’m not a mechanic but in doing tons of upgrades I keep finding that 2017-2022 are almost entirely interchangeable.
I asked about upgrading my oem battery and both of my certified Honda mechanics, who work at a huge and super busy dealership said, “don’t do it. the battery in your bike serves a specific purpose.” And these guys do not push OEM parts on me, ever.
that’s been my limited experience with it.
Good luck !

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
104 Posts
Also I think it only goes to 2017 because 2017-2022 is all SC77 and almost 100% compatible.
I’m not a mechanic but in doing tons of upgrades I keep finding that 2017-2022 are almost entirely interchangeable.
I asked about upgrading my oem battery and both of my certified Honda mechanics, who work at a huge and super busy dealership said, “don’t do it. the battery in your bike serves a specific purpose.” And these guys do not push OEM parts on me, ever.
that’s been my limited experience with it.
Good luck !
I'm curious, what was their reasoning? As long as you have a quality lithium iron battery with a built in BMS, they are superior in almost every way except in below freezing weather in which they need to be warmed up.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As an update, I bought and installed an AntiGravity ATZ7-RS earlier this week. While I could not find anything wrong with my OEM battery in voltage tests, it was giving me some trouble starting at times.

With two minor exceptions, it fit well and was an easy install. And I could immediately tell a difference in how quickly it started the bike.

The two major problems were as follows. The hole in the bikes cable terminals that the bolt goes through are slightly too small for the bolt to go through. I used a drill bit slightly bigger than the hole to drill it out. The hardest part of that job is going to get the drill and bit, and making sure I didn’t drill into something important like my finger while holding the battery cable. This was the same on both the positive and negative terminals.

Second is that the negative only terminal has two tabs that are bent over on two sides that fit down over the battery terminals. The tabs were too close together causing the flat part to not seat properly on the batteries terminal. I used a pair of pliers to flatten the tab on one side allowing it to sit down flat on the battery terminal. The positive terminal did not have that problem. It has the tabs, but they fit down over the battery terminal fine.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Does this Antigravity battery have BMS circuit that disconnect battery for overdischarge and overcharge protection?

I bought one of their lithium batteries 13-yrs ago and it didn't have that protection. I had stopped bike at gate, but left lights on since I was just checking post box. Talked to neighbor for bit, and when I got back, headlights had discharged battery. Too low and it was never able to be recharged again.

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
104 Posts
Does this Antigravity battery have BMS circuit that disconnect battery for overdischarge and overcharge protection?

I bought one of their lithium batteries 13-yrs ago and it didn't have that protection. I had stopped bike at gate, but left lights on since I was just check post box. Talked to neughbornfor bit, and when I got back, headlights had discharged battery. Too low and it was never able to be recharged again.
Yes they do. The model jjscsix got has BMS and additional over-charge and over-discharge protection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts