Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000rr
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Took the bike out for a test ride this morning. All seems fine. I may be ordering braided brake lines today anyway. The only thing that got too hot was me. Over 80 degrees and I never ride that hot.....because it usually isn't here.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I went with CoreMoto braided lines as soon as I got my bike. They fit perfectly, look great, shipped quickly, have great customer support, and fit my budget. I purchased them directly from their site. They run 20% discounts from time to time, but even the full cost is nice.

·
A1 SuperMod!
1,028 Posts
Still would like to know where that pin point hole is on the MC ???
If you pull off the hose going from the reservoir to the master cylinder and remove the plastic cap, you see the hole(s). Normally, when you let go of the lever, the seal just barely uncovers that hole so that when you go to pull the lever there's minimal slack in building up fluid pressure.

Glad you went with the lines. Never tried Spiegler lines myself, but always check with suspension fully extended that it doesn't pull on the line, especially if you have a suspension where adding preload makes the fully extended length longer due to top-out spring. Left should be 28 inches right should be 25 inches for your year bike.

·
SuperMod
914 Posts
I did order the Spiegler, but good feedback on the CORE brand for others.
after taking a quick look, it appears that some of these companies such as CoreMoto change the configuration of the brake lines. The OEM lines have a T near the horn where the lines split for each caliper.
Coremoto says: "In most cases if your bike originally used a 3 line junction, we will replace it with the 2F system designed for your bike. "

Spiegler seems to also be selling a 2-line system.

is that what you found? and if so, what did you order?

·
Registered
2015 Honda CBR 1000rr non ABS
1,691 Posts
after taking a quick look, it appears that some of these companies such as CoreMoto change the configuration of the brake lines. The OEM lines have a T near the horn where the lines split for each caliper.
Coremoto says: "In most cases if your bike originally used a 3 line junction, we will replace it with the 2F system designed for your bike. "

Spiegler seems to also be selling a 2-line system.

is that what you found? and if so, what did you order?
You looking for info on the core moto 2F front brake lines?
I have them installed on mine if you have any questions.

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000rr
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yes, Spiegler and Core both use a two line system as opposed to the three line that is stock. They use a double banjo fitting at the MC. Should be fine....just have to be careful with routing.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I opted for the 2 line front brake line kit from CoreMoto for my '16 SP. It comes with the requisite double-banjo bolt for the MC connection. A little bit of a tight fit at full right steering lock w/the intake runner. They'll sell you the 1 into 2 front line with the kit if you give them a call.

·
Registered
283 Posts
You can kinda see the double line MC connection in these pics.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Honda also opted for rubber lines... so there's that to consider too. No real pros or cons with either. Some like the 2 line better because they believe it applies more even pressure to each caliper.

·
Registered
283 Posts
We posted at the same time with the same reply. Ha!

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000rr
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
The three way fitting on the fender is crimped and does not have Banjo fittings. I suspect there might be a cost savings in production???
Don't know if there is any performance difference. The only issue I can see is being careful with the routing....especially with the forks turned both directions. The stock set up does keep the caliper lines secure with the fender and the only movement is the line coming from the MC. I guess the only real problem that could occur with the stock set up is corrosion of the steel Banjo fittings and the three way.
I'll post results once I get the two line version on the bike.

·
A1 SuperMod!
1,028 Posts
The three way fitting on the fender is crimped and does not have Banjo fittings. I suspect there might be a cost savings in production???
Don't know if there is any performance difference. The only issue I can see is being careful with the routing....especially with the forks turned both directions. The stock set up does keep the caliper lines secure with the fender and the only movement is the line coming from the MC. I guess the only real problem that could occur with the stock set up is corrosion of the steel Banjo fittings and the three way.
I'll post results once I get the two line version on the bike.
Quick note before you install do NOT use the service manual torque values for banjo bolts of 25 ft-lbs. That can shear off the aftermarket banjo bolts that are not made of high strength (but rusts) OEM steel. Torque to 15 ft-lbs then do a leak test. If you get leaking then tighten to 17-ft-lbs.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts