Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000rr
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Blade....yea, the bottom one is angled more, but the space was so cramped there that they did not line up perfectly like yours.
The brakes work and no leaks. The lever is solid, so I think everything is OK. It's 90 degrees out this afternoon so I haven't tested yet....maybe tomorrow morning.

·
A1 SuperMod!
1,028 Posts
Blade....yea, the bottom one is angled more, but the space was so cramped there that they did not line up perfectly like yours.
The brakes work and no leaks. The lever is solid, so I think everything is OK. It's 90 degrees out this afternoon so I haven't tested yet....maybe tomorrow morning.
Good to hear! Glad you went with the braided lines. Nice color choice too!

·
Registered
'18 CBR1000RR SP
771 Posts
Make sure when you turn full-lock to both sides of the steering, none of the lines are taut or pulled.
I'm sure you already now this but just in case.

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000rr
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Did a test ride this morning. All seems good with the brakes. Don't seem to feel any difference with the new lines. Hope it's good for another 30,000 miles.
Thanks for all the support and info...I appreciate it.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Haven't done a lot of research yet, but just thought I'd throw this out there to see if someone else has had this problem.
Went for about an hour ride this morning. On the way back about two blocks from home the front brakes locked up. The brake lever was stiff and the bike would not roll. With the help of a friend I got my bike stands and lifted the bike. The front wheel was locked. After going for tools and contemplating the situation, I was able to turn the front wheel. So, I was able to ride it home. This has never happened before. I don't think it is the master cylinder, so I suspect it's something with the calipers. Any thoughts?
2005 CBR1000rr

Thanks
Wel youra lucky man! I wasnt... I went to down ..had my helmet Aman! Itsaved my life!!! I know why this happens. I think..did u learn y?

·
Registered
'07 CBR 1000 RR & A COUPLE '86 GSXR 1100'S
4 Posts
Happened to me while on the I-15 , coming home from Vegas ( at night w/ a narrow shoulder & alot of big trucks whizzing by me in a VERY poorly lit spot ) 0n my old '87 GSXR 1100. Fluid boiled & expanded. Needless to say... I've never popped off the cap to a MC so fast to relieve the pressure & put it back on in my life. started running dot 4 &/or dot 5 from then on, too. Higher temperature before it boils.
Be safe . Monty.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts