Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just notice that my 2011 cbr1000rr don’t move fast at the beginning of acceleration but pick up later, what could be the problem. It was quick formally but now it does not accelerate fast from the beginning but later pick-up. Please help.

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,378 Posts
How many miles are on it?

·
Registered
476 Posts
With that many miles maybe it's carbon buildup on intake valves? I had some pretty severe deposits on intake valves and also pitting on exhaust valves. At low engine speeds it may interfere ...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Wow those are some serious deposits. How many miles when you took it apart?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Around 30k of mostly commuting. There was a ton of carbon on the pistons and cylinder head around the spark plug too. Exhaust valves were probably pitted from the carbon. I think it is from the crankcase breather. I checked all my valve seals they were fine not leaking, so crankcase breather is more likely in my opinion, especially since I had a lot of black oil in the throttle bodies too.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Damn I would not think the crankcase breather would cause that kind of mess.
Wonder if I should cap the airbox and put a small cone air filter on the breather... I don't want my engine looking like that in 25k miles.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Damn I would not think the crankcase breather would cause that kind of mess.
Wonder if I should cap the airbox and put a small cone air filter on the breather... I don't want my engine looking like that in 25k miles.
HRC makes a catch can for the bike. It's $400 though!

·
Registered
487 Posts
HRC makes a catch can for the bike. It's $400 though!
Yea that's a little steep. What are you going to do to prevent the same build up happening again? Springing for the HRC setup?
Maybe you had some blow by which contributed to the issue? Did it burn oil?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yea that's a little steep. What are you going to do to prevent the same build up happening again? Springing for the HRC setup?
Zero burning oil. Oil always exact same level on dipstick. I have some extra space under the tank because I removed the ABS unit so I will mount a small oil catch can there and run a hose from the breather to the oil catch and vent that with a small clamp on filter.

Never understood why Honda didn't include a proper baffle system in the crankcase vent. There is only one metal plate under the crank vent so of course oil mist is going to come up and out into the engine.

Reactions: HP17

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
U
unless I ask the mechanics, I don’t know anything about that, the mechanics also seems not to have an idea about the problem, so I need help to enable me give him a directives on what to do.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I would have him check the ignition coils/ cables and the condition of the spark plugs.

When you accelerate, you have a burst of extra fuel injected; an issue with the strengh of the spark can give you the hesitancy you describe which is not thereon steady throttle.

09blade are you sure the deposit on the valve if carbon and not oil? It looks vey shiny:unsure:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts