Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an immaculate 2015 cbr1000rrf. Only mod is an M4 slip on. Once up to operating temp, it will sputter/cut out on take off. If I give it a little more throttle than I think is normal it powers through it but somewhat roughly. If I go through take off like normal it will die sometimes (makes me look like a freakin idiot). Only does it at 185* and up. Could this be a symptom of the aftermarket slip on without a tune?? Going to drain fuel change oil and plugs ASAP. Jw if anyone else has experienced this??

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
280 Posts
I would be curious what a wide band O2 sensor would show at that moment, if very lean that could do it. A slip-on straight through muffler will lean the mixture but don't know how much. It might just be a good preventive measure to have the ECU flashed for that change. You are doing other maintenance first and that is a good place to start.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would be curious what a wide band O2 sensor would show at that moment, if very lean that could do it. A slip-on straight through muffler will lean the mixture but don't know how much. It might just be a good preventive measure to have the ECU flashed for that change. You are doing other maintenance first and that is a good place to start.
Yea, only does it when the temp is up in the 200s.. guy on Facebook swore it didn’t need flashed and was due to the air filter.. but I really think it may need flashed

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
280 Posts
The ECU, at startup, richenes the mixture until some point, some where around 100 degrees coolant temp it goes into normal fuel table mode. Nothing changes in fueling around 200 degrees, but if it is already lean the heat just makes it a bit worse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts