Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 CBR1000RR SP1 and I was curious if anyone has lowered their bike and if anyone has any recommendations on what lowering link to get.
I'm a shorter rider and the seat high is kinda uncomfortably high for me. I'm sitting around 5'7" right now with a 31 inch inseam, with boots on its mostly tip toes for me at any light.
So I'd like to lower my bike with a adjustable lowering link and can't really find much info on google about it for this bike.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 2019 CBR1000RR SP1 and I was curious if anyone has lowered their bike and if anyone has any recommendations on what lowering link to get.
I'm a shorter rider and the seat high is kinda uncomfortably high for me. I'm sitting around 5'7" right now with a 31 inch inseam, with boots on its mostly tip toes for me at any light.
So I'd like to lower my bike with a adjustable lowering link and can't really find much info on google about it for this bike.
I am 5'2" and have lowered the front and rear of my 2018 CBR1000RR ABS. I used a non-adjustable rear lowering link to lower my ride by 1.5" and dropped the front end enough to maintain a 'sporty' ride. Any type of lowering will affect geometry and handling. If you lower the rear, you will need to lower the front.

I have seen adjustable lowering links from T-Rex racing, Pro-Tek or PSR for the SC77 CBR1000RR.

You will also need to change the OEM kickstand for an adjustable kickstand to compensate for lowering the bike. The OEM kickstand will make the bike 'stand up' rather than slight leaned over when you have the bike parked.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am 5'2" and have lowered the front and rear of my 2018 CBR1000RR ABS. I used a non-adjustable rear lowering link to lower my ride by 1.5" and dropped the front end enough to maintain a 'sporty' ride. Any type of lowering will affect geometry and handling. If you lower the rear, you will need to lower the front.

I have seen adjustable lowering links from T-Rex racing, Pro-Tek or PSR for the SC77 CBR1000RR.

You will also need to change the OEM kickstand for an adjustable kickstand to compensate for lowering the bike. The OEM kickstand will make the bike 'stand up' rather than slight leaned over when you have the bike parked.
Thanks for the reply,

I always hear about the handling getting affected when you lower a bike but honestly I'm not leaning like Rossi. I already have a mechanic lined up to make sure its done right just wanted to know what brands are going to be good and not snap off from riding. I was thinking about going down like 2 inches. I know the ground clearance would probably be the only real issue.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i used the vortex lowering triangles.and slid front forks to match..you have to unhook the wires that go to the top of the front forks on the s1 from the brackets by the plugs because the wires are to short.i just zip tied them back to the brackets so they wouldnt hang up on anything.at my skill level i dont notice any difference in the handling..and yes you will need a shorter kickstand.im 5'6" and are pretty much flat footed s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I've seen those triangles I was curious about the actual adjustable link for them. If it comes down to it and I cant find a adjustable solution that's probably the next best option.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, I've seen those triangles I was curious about the actual adjustable link for them. If it comes down to it and I cant find a adjustable solution that's probably the next best option.
the one good thing about the triangles they are as strong as stock.ive heard stories about the adjustable ones breaking

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's one thing i'm slightly concerned about to be honest I will however do more research I heard the Trex ones are pretty solid though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts