Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched. I really did.

Has anyone installed the M4 GP slipon exhaust? Is it obnoxiously loud? Is the catalyst remmoved with the installation of this exhaust? Does the bike run OK or will some type of fuel management be required?

I have the yellow and black and this is the 1st system I've seen that seems like it would look good on my bike.

Thanks for any helpful replies!

·
Banned
10,128 Posts
a virgin

welcome man

i have not see this one but i am trying to bring some carbon Growler type slip-ons to market the next couple of weeks if you are possibly interested?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for posting up the pics!!

I really like the black version. I had a full M4 system on my SV650 track bike and it was fairly loud. A buddy of mine had another brand of GP style on his GSXR-750 and I could not stand to ride beside him. It was deafening. I want the look without hearing loss.

The piping looks similar to what I have seen on the Leo Vince and I believe the catalyst is removed with that system. I wouldn't mind losing the heat generated from the convertor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a virgin

welcome man

i have not see this one but i am trying to bring some carbon Growler type slip-ons to market the next couple of weeks if you are possibly interested?
Thanks for the welcome.

Your stuff looks nice. I like the black. Do you have a "decibel killer" type insert for the GP style slipons?

·
Corner Whore
1,145 Posts

·
Corner Whore
1,145 Posts
You obviously overlooked the original post.

I asked for information, not your opinion of how it looks.:th_down:
I don't care, that's the beauty of a public internet forum. You post and people respond however they want.

Doh....pwn3d
Not really.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't care, that's the beauty of a public internet forum. You post and people respond however they want.
That's right. No intelligence required. Just whore up the threads and jack up the post count. At least you're keeping my thread at the top of the 1st page so someone with something productive to add may see it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK Navigator, calm down.

FINAL WARNING!
Whatever do you mean? I posted up a question, got a couple decent responses and then the post whores jumped on the thread.

Am I not allowed to respond? I've certainly seen worse since I started lurking here.

I give as good as I get. FINAL WARNING!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's cool. This isn't my first bike forum. I know how it goes with the noobs.

I've been digging around enough for the last 2 days to figure out that the cat is in the OEM muffler. Back pressure drops off with aftermarket exhaust. Leo Vince and M4 use the long, twisting mid pipe to keep the back pressure up so that they can say their system doesn't require fuel adjustments. Leo Vince seems to have the only GP style exhaust with a decibel managing insert and it is butt ugly.

I guess I'm stuck with the factory exhaust for a while longer unless I want to wear ear plugs and that ain't gonna happen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts