Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because there is not to much space back there...anytime you put something in the trunk make sure the seat is secured. Give it a few good tugs!

Last Friday, on my way home, as soon as I got on the hiway I felt something and then it was gone. Luckily I was able to get back to where I got on and found it. (this was the Gawonis in Brookyln on Friday afternoon!) Unfortunately a truck ran the seat over, you can see the treads, but at least I have something until the new one comes in...lol.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
sounds like a good excuse to get the seat cowl.

Before I bought my 1000, I jacked with it at the dealership and found that you have to click that rear seat it, and give it a tug to make sure it is secure.

·
I'm slower then you
1,394 Posts
I have lost enough things to the I-5 lately. Lost my cell phone returning from a group ride (the SVS behind me had to dodge it), lost my MP3 player in almost the exact same place :(

Funny thing was, there was a naked SV following me when I lost my MP3 player.

Come to think of it, my oil filter fell off when I was riding with an SV. Actually, we swapped bikes, the SVS rider was on my bike when the filter fell off!

I need to stay away from SV's from now on!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
That's funny, I was just imagining that happening the other day. I am pretty good about making sure I hear it lock into place, then giving it a tug to make sure. Out of curiousity, how bad do they rape you for a replacement seat?

·
Registered
738 Posts
I was ready to ride the other day and double checked my cowl and sure enough, it wasn't completely locked!!! Glas I did the double take..lol!! I do catch myself at stop lights reaching back to feel it occasionally. Just an odd habit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.