Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'18 CBR1000RR SP
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every now & then, those 2 nuts at the battery terminals fall off when you are working on removing the battery or adding new devices. And, the worst case scenario is the damned nut would fall into crevices where you'll never find them again.

Here's how you secure the 2 nuts. Get a foam ear-plug (which many motorcyclists use) and cut it into 2. Insert the nut into the battery terminal with half of ear-plug underneath it. You'll notice that the nut would be perfectly centered with the screw hole and it's almsot impossible to get it out of the socket through shaking the battery by hand.

This way, it would reduce quite a bit of stress when working with the battery. Hope this helps. I know ... I know ... the title of the thread was chosen to be on the side of women because that's what most women have problems with ... helping their men to manage those nuts.

;):LOL:

·
Registered
'07 CBR1000RR
30 Posts
Back when batteries had vent tubes, you could do the same by cutting off a 1/2" length of the 1/4" diameter tube, and sticking it under the nut. I like the ear plug idea too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts