Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So sad to read such news. He missed the whole year races! I was hoping that he will get through his arm injury and he will return stronger in the last two races, but unfortunately, we have to wait until 2021 for such good news :confused:. I hope he will get well soon.

·
a d m i n
151,011 Posts
I'm sorry he's injured, but I can't say I miss him. It's brought quite a bit more competition into the mix. Prolly only my opinion, (and you know what that's worth, Zer0), but that's how I see it. :censored: :p

·
Registered
226 Posts
This year has not been the same without MM93! No one else brings anywhere near the excitement as Marquez. Can't wait to see him back in action come next season.

·
Hook 'em!
2,983 Posts
This year has not been the same without MM93! No one else brings anywhere near the excitement as Marquez. Can't wait to see him back in action come next season.
2020 definitely robbed us of following a once in a lifetime rider this season.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sorry he's injured, but I can't say I miss him. It's brought quite a bit more competition into the mix. Prolly only my opinion, (and you know what that's worth, Zer0), but that's how I see it. :censored: :p
Well, I never looked it that way. This year was truly astonishing and subversive. It may happened because of Marquez missing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It might be for the better that he gets the recovery he needs and comes back hungry next season.

San
I am sure about that. He has a very long time out of races. I wish that it will give him the right push he needs, to come back and give us an amazing MotoGP year again.

·
FEB 2016 BOTM
2,147 Posts
I am sure about that. He has a very long time out of races. I wish that it will give him the right push he needs, to come back and give us an amazing MotoGP year again.
Any year with Marc on a bike is amazing year. Throw him in on the Aprilia and I bet he would decimate the field.
Props to Mir for achieving the greatest feat in our sport.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In his interview, Marc Marquez says he is building back up to full stength and will be back competing in MotoGP sooner rather than later, as he recovers from his fractured arm. Like I said, this beast waits for someone to unlock his cell. There's is no doubt that he will come back stronger, ready to give us the show we want.

·
BOTM Moderator
298 Posts
There is a love / hate relationship with someone who comes in and all of a sudden is a lot better than other people.
It is exelerating to see someone with a skill level above others but could get predictable and boring.

Kinda like when Mike Tyson went into boxing.

The matches were awesome... but short, just because he was a step or two above existing boxers.

·
Registered
320 Posts
There is a love / hate relationship with someone who comes in and all of a sudden is a lot better than other people.
It is exelerating to see someone with a skill level above others but could get predictable and boring.

Kinda like when Mike Tyson went into boxing.

The matches were awesome... but short, just because he was a step or two above existing boxers.
The season or two prior when Marquez would often be leading by seconds as the commentators focused on the battle for second -- yeah.

The last-lap battles were always exciting. I feel like this season would have had fewer Marquez-leading-by-seconds races and more last-turn excitement, but ultimately with the way the points were spread he would have won.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts