Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda cbr1000rr
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It has gasket maker around the clutch cover so maybe the other owner replaced the clutch don’t know for sure. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Are you sure it’s not just bubbles that are in the oil especially when you look at it after just turning the engine off?

is this the first time you are changing oil after buying the bike?

If not then how was the oil last time?

Gasket maker is usually rubber type paste or even if it’s pre made. It shouldn’t cause metal pieces to go into oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
494 Posts
Can't see shit from that photo. If you really are concerned, on your next oil change send a sample to blackstone labs and they will tell you exactly what is in your oil.

If it was me I would do another short change interval (1k miles) and see how it looks.

·
BOTM Moderator
513 Posts
Can't see shit from that photo. If you really are concerned, on your next oil change send a sample to blackstone labs and they will tell you exactly what is in your oil.
On your recommendation, I checked them out. Each oil test is only $30. Good deal if you could get useful info out of it.

I'm a bit concerned about having coolant in the oil. I might send a sample or two.

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
127 Posts
If you had coolant in you oil the engine would churn the oil and coolant to a creamy solution that doesn't flow to well in the system and you end up with oil starved bearings and an engine rebuild in the near future. BTDT - '90 Corvette with intake gasket leaking coolant slowly into the engine. Learned to use Felpro gaskets rather than GM OEM gaskets back then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts