Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ran the Continental Sport Attack great wear. But I want to go with a bigger back tire in the M7 200/55/zr17 rear and 120/60/zr17 on front. Any comments suggestions.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have no comment on size, but I am running the M7RR on my 18 in stock sizes. I have wanted to try these for awhile since so many people love them.

I have not had any issues but they are a little harder than I like. I am considering trying some S22s or maybe giving the power RS another shot. Something softer/less road focused would be awesome but too many tradeoffs for me.

Don't get me wrong the M7rr have held up well, just not Loving them. Have like 2200 miles on them and they have plenty of life left.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Run the suggested front size: 120/70/17.

I've run the Metzler M7 RR before on my SV650 and really liked it. I'm sure it would do great on the track and mountain twisties. A 200/55 rear for your bike is excessive and you won't gain any advantage of it, especially on the street. Run a 190/55 rear if you're on a 1000, which is what I assume you're riding based on your pic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts