Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
95% track tire. Used these for a track day at NYST, and man they were amazing, no sliding whatsoever, and gave me incredible feedback the entire time, super grippy.

Total life including TD; 3000 miles.. :oops:

Used them up on the street, (post TD), and they were by far, the best tires I ever used on the street as well. Ran street pressure of 41R/35F.

They heat up very fast, and provide optimal grip & feedback., wt a speedy turn-in.

Ran the rear a little too far past optimal, but I wanted to see what the limit on the sides were.

They still have heat cycles left in the sides, apparently. :love:

Changing the rear to a Michelin Power 5, tomorrow.

I will most definitely buy these again for my next TD in the spring.

Attachments

·
Faster Than You!
66 Posts
I’ve always been a Michelin guy. Bought a 19 sp and gave the oem pirellis a try. Nope. Bought the power cup 2’s and I feel back at home. Seems like Michelins just got even better in my 3 years away from the track.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I’ve always been a Michelin guy. Bought a 19 sp and gave the oem pirellis a try. Nope. Bought the power cup 2’s and I feel back at home. Seems like Michelins just got even better in my 3 years away from the track.
That’s one thing about tires they always seem to get better, don’t they? ;)

JD...Have you ever used Dunlop Q4s? Just curious about a comparison.
I personally have not, but friends have used the 4’s on the track wt great results.

·
Registered
320 Posts
That’s one thing about tires they always seem to get better, don’t they? ;)

I personally have not, but friends have used the 4+’s on the track wt great results.

Q4+...?

I have used Q4s, and they are outstanding, currently on Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa TD-SC3 which are one tiny step above, IMO (and others).

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Q4+...?

I have used Q4s, and they are outstanding, currently on Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa TD-SC3 which are one tiny step above, IMO (and others).
Typo. Q4.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Q4+...?

The supercorsa SC3 front is awesome. Gave me a ton of confidence at the track and it's nice on the street too. How is the rear SC3 holding up? I am running rosso corsa 2 rear for extra mileage and it is a good combo

·
Registered
320 Posts
The supercorsa SC3 front is awesome. Gave me a ton of confidence at the track and it's nice on the street too. How is the rear SC3 holding up? I am running rosso corsa 2 rear for extra mileage and it is a good combo
The tires have one track day plus about 400mi street. The rear has really no wear besides track abuse.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Motor vehicle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts