Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Ive gone through the LP catalogue and found one set of 08 CBR Mirror Block Off plates but the photo doesnt show any indicator? Pic below...

I made my own block off plates out of carbon fibre but you can but them from http://www.carbonpartz.net/id92.html

IMO the Volar indicaors I put on dont suit the plates and they are not bright enough so im still looking.

Attachments

·
Banned
10,128 Posts
thanks ant

i have some sets with no signals and two bolts for $25 a set shipped

greggs customs makes nice billet ones with signals for like $100

FWIW my greggs i bought was missing PC on all the edges and i could see the bare aluminum underneath though

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
is it legal to ride on the streets without mirrors?
It is in the UK

+ if you MOT your bike (yearly UK inspection) and a mirror is broke it will fail, but without mirrors it passes.

2008 RR - thanks allot for posting those pics up.
Gregg's Mirror Blocks - they do look a bit better than the ones i made plus they have the correct connectors and can be used as sidelights too. Looks a quality product.

·
Resident Brit™
393 Posts
I had greggs on my 6R lovely craftmanship, however they dont always follow the true definition of flush mount and the block off ones look like they are too small you can see the lip of the fairing they are meant to cover.

Russ

·
Resident Brit™
393 Posts
I quite like the blade mirrors and indicators they are different to the normal tat you get on a bike, the pig spotters are just bling for the sake of it there is no use to them other than bragging rights (who wants to brag about them anyway). The block off plates are ok if you dont use mirrors but want to finish the look off and the greggs are ok if you like them.

different countries have different laws and rules but in the UK for an MOT you have to have functioning indicators or it is not road worthy but you do not have to have mirrors, so block offs like ants are perfectly fine.

Russ

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.