Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to clean up the tail section a little more. I removed the Tail Tidy and cut out the molded piece that held the plate bracket. I used fiberglass to cover the the 3x3 square that I cut out. Sprayed it silver to match the rest and called it done. I fabed up a bracket on the CNC to mount the plate under the seat. I reused the LED plate light that came with the Tail Tidy to keep it legal. I changed out the tail light with a unit with intergrated turn siginals. While I was at it I removed the rear pegs. Im pretty happy with the way it turned out.

P.S. I also ordered the filler panel for the pipe side...

Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Yes it looks great, just like a CBRHeaven model but probably better colour matched.

Ive been thinking about chopping that LED tail light in half and making a tail tidy to look like the race tail. IMO it would be very easy as the top tail panel gives you the mold. I havent bothered trying it because UK riders have to place out number plate at the rear.

Attachments

·
Premium Noob
1,414 Posts
Looks good, very clean.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dt rc,

Last summer when I changed over to the Tail Tidy I think I tossed the original undertail. I would have much rather cut and fiberglassed the origianl than alter the Tail Tidy but it was all I had to work with. :sad010:

Michael

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I hate to reveal my most guarded secrets but the silver is Kyrlon silver metallic from a can. The match is almost perfect. It is a little lighter than the factory color but once I clear coated it the color was close enough for me.

Michael

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.