Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Thanks SkinDragger!! Thought you guys might be interested in how it all looks with the eliminator kit and minus the heat shield. It took about 4 1/2 hrs to remove the heat shield and apply heat tape and fabric. The pipe does has to come off to remove the shield. But in order to remove the pipe, the rear cowl has to come off and so does the right side rear set. Kinda unnerving, but the result is well worth it. I ended up removing the passenger pegs also....always easy to put on if thet dreaded day comes when the wife wants to ride...lol!!!! Thanks again SD for posting them, I hope everyone enjoys them and can maybe get some ideas!! Be safe all!!!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Thorn92 said:
Joker45 said:
Looks sweet. Where did you get the turn signals and fender kit?
The signals are LP mini stalk V. I bought them at the Iron Pony store. www.ironpony.com part# 122-9835. The eliminator kit is "Larry's" from the 600RR.net forum. You can contact him at [email protected]
Thx, I'll have to check it out. I need to do something.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Leonardo629 said:
Thorn,

for the seat cowl, did you have to use the washers like stated in the instruction, or everything looked fine upon the first install?

thanks
When I first installed it, it looked fine for the most part. the instructions do say to have at least 3mm clearance at the rear. After a short ride, I noticed that it was rubbing a bit, so I put two washers on the rear and it solved the problem. Other than that it's all fine.

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
wow looks killer.....

·
Registered
738 Posts
Brts929 said:
Where did you mount your short stalks too?
The only thing is that you need to drill the reflector brackets out a bit more in order to fit the stalks in....pretty simple. Lately, I've beem considering mouting two "L" brackets with the plate bolts and mounting the lights to them...bringing the signals right in with the plate. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Brts929 said:
hey thorn can you send me some detailed pics of your bracket mounted, and did you put flushes on the front, if so how easy is to get at the back of them?
PM me your email addy and I'd be happy to send them. The front are Gregg's customs....not hard at all to install.....just takes some patience.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.