Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moriwaki (Japanese company) exausts are in stock for the 1000RR. Should be able to get them through your dealer or Big Valley Honda, Reno NV, the distributor.
775-322-4311
I'm not big on changing out the stock exaust but the Moriwaki exausts in the past have been excellent

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wonder if you will be able to remove that cover over the exhaust area. I would love to be able to see the entire pipe. I went to a dealer today and gave the 1kRR a once over. I think its great and I can't wait until I get rid of this F4i. The day after I do I'll have "The Beast"!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Frank said:
I wonder if you will be able to remove that cover over the exhaust area. I would love to be able to see the entire pipe. I went to a dealer today and gave the 1kRR a once over. I think its great and I can't wait until I get rid of this F4i. The day after I do I'll have "The Beast"!
I'm sure you can. They come off easily on the 600RR. Plus you'll want a fender eliminator anyway I'm sure.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The MotoGP pipes for the 600RR are sick looking and sound pretty good.
As of 4-3-04 the only Moriwaki items avalible in the U.S. are the sliders and exaust.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Man that can looks huge in that first picture! Looks like it sticks out quite a ways, and is set pretty low under the tailsection too. Could be amplified by the no fender/no rear seat.

On second look, I guess it doesn't stick out the back too far, it just seems like there is a pretty big gap between the taillight and the top of the can.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
If I do eventually change out the stock exhaust, I'm hoping that Arata offers a slip-on for the 1KRR. They don't make too many of them. I would love to drop the weight with the full TI system, but I don't want to sacrifice the low-end ridability. Plus, have any of you figured the total cost associated with the full system? $14-1500 Full Ti System, $3-400 fuel controller, $300 custom map, all while possibly losing low end on the street? Holy schnikeys! This will not be a dedicated track bike for me, so Dr. Evil is thinking "How about no, Scott".

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
If I get exhaust, I'm going to wait and see if it has any negative effect on power and rideabilty. If so, or if *significant* power increases are noticed with a PCIIIr, then I'll shell out the cash for that too. But I've seen at least one dyno graph that had decent power gains on the 600RR with stock FI and just the slip-on.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I agree Grreg....performance wise...how much more do we all really need? Besides..this is the first stock pipe That I can actually live with for awhile..until there's been ample time to rate the slip-ons.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.