Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
I just got this email from Bob ([email protected]) at Big Valley Honda:

The Mori full system is currently available but the slip on is not yet ready. The Mori systems all have the canister centered, not offset like many other manufacturers. Here are a couple of photos. The exhaust flanges are built using OEM Honda parts. I have also included a photo of the Moto-GP replica system. Sound is amazing.

Still waiting to hear back on price... but so far this system is looking like it's the one for me.

(On a side note, 152,250 Yen converts to 1,437.67 dollars)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Here are the actual pics he included in the email (The one above is from Moriwaki's website. I wouldn't be suprised if the US cost on this full system is equal to, or less than the Japanese cost. Japanese manufacturers are notorious for selling their producs for less abroad then they do at home.

(Note the Moriwaki frame sliders on the second pic!)

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
425 Posts
do the dual pipes have any affect on performance, or is it just visual? I may be interested in getting a pipe but I heard some tracks don't allow them specifically laguna seca where I may try to ride. I also dont like something that is so loud people are going to be irritated by it when I ride by, I'm not an attention seeker.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
The side mounted cannister on the GP system is fake, it does nothing, just like on the 600RR, super ultra poser if you ask me. I don't need the added weight of a fake pipe on any bike.

From that graph, it looks like a gain is to be had at the top of the rev range only, everywhere else is the same as stock. Unless someone (Arata/Sato) can provide gains down low and in the middle, I don't see spending that much money on this system or the serpent. Save your $ for suspension work.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dude, I don't care if you think it looks poser, I like the way it looks.
I know it won't yeild any horsepower gains, it is not like a moto GP setup, it is just made to look like the moto GP version. The arata probably has the best hp curve and saves the most weight but for some reason I dig that moto GP setup.
I am not sure which one I will actually buy, I need to see some dyno #'s.
I already know the price should be about the same so that won't be a factor.
Does anyone know a place to get Moriwaki cheap??

·
Registered
526 Posts
michaelrc51 said:
Just got word on the MotoGP system from BVH and it is $1399.
This is around what I expected but does anyone know where I could get it cheaper?
I dont think you're going to find it cheaper than BVH. They are the one and only North American distributor for Moriwaki. I dont even know that anyone carries Moriwaki parts except them. Too bad you're not a round-town customer. Can get some pretty good deals on Moriwaki.
Their stuff is expensive but worth it.

·
certified serial crasher
222 Posts
yamaha_mike said:
Stock Exhaust Weight - 23.3 lbs
Moriwaki SS Full System - 11.9 lbs
Sound Level - 101 db
Price - $1050

damn, better get some ear protection :shock:
I went to local importer last week to see Moriwaki Full System (underseat-only, not the bling bling GP-replica). Beautiful pipe, awesome finish. Downside was that the scale showed 7 kilograms (That much more than 11.9 lbs) when we put all parts into the scale. That's 2.5 kilos more than Akra Evo and 1.5 kilos more than Akra Racing. Not that I would notice the difference but with the price-tag (1700 Euros) I'll take all the weight-saving I can get...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.