Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I don't know about you guys but I am super excited for this first round of MotoAmerica. I'm supporting both Ashton Yates and Geoff May. Pretty wild that May used to be team mates with Ashton's father Aaron both in AMA and WSBK. Can't wait to see how both bikes compare to each other and the rest of the field. I am 100% positive these bikes have podium potential.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,029 Posts
Very stoked to check out some racing! Best of luck to your Team.

·
Registered
31 Posts
View attachment 262553

I don't know about you guys but I am super excited for this first round of MotoAmerica. I'm supporting both Ashton Yates and Geoff May. Pretty wild that May used to be team mates with Ashton's father Aaron both in AMA and WSBK. Can't wait to see how both bikes compare to each other and the rest of the field. I am 100% positive these bikes have podium potential.
So the MCU stickers go on the white stripe...lol.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How did the Honda stack up against the Kawasaki ? Pretty close horsepower wise right?
The SC82's are very strong. May set track lap record for stock 1000 in Q2 this morning. He also led half the race before he started getting some arm pump and losing edge grip. This weekend is the first time on this bike since its ECU has been flashed and since the new suspension was put on. Bike is setup well for qualifying but they need to work on race setup now.

Yates has been looking real strong as well. Looking very comfortable on it as he has had a little more time to get used to the bike. His trap speeds were excellent. He got a killer start from the second row on the race and ended up take P2.
1619929105400.png

Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The SC82's are very strong. May set track lap record for stock 1000 in Q2 this morning. He also led half the race before he started getting some arm pump and losing edge grip. This weekend is the first time on this bike since its ECU has been flashed and since the new suspension was put on. Bike is setup well for qualifying but they need to work on race setup now.

Yates has been looking real strong as well. Looking very comfortable on it as he has had a little more time to get used to the bike. His trap speeds were excellent. He got a killer start from the second row on the race and ended up take P2.
View attachment 262621
Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.
Great to hear! Yates has a competitive bike now unlike last year. Congrats on 2nd place in STK1000.
With a bit more development the Sc82 might win the title this year. Best of luck!

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,029 Posts
Congratulations for your part of the Team effort! 2nd & 3rd, for your guys, Wow! Great showing!!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congratulations for your part of the Team effort! 2nd & 3rd, for your guys, Wow! Great showing!!
Thanks. May is doing this with TC/WC all set to 0... as per his request. I haven't talked with him yet to get the full race report but I have a feeling he is going to want to try and embrace WC/TC to help with tire management in future rounds.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts