Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running one of these? I used to run one on my 06 and 07 Yamahas and it was pretty much plug and play...no resistor or anything. Only thing I changed was the tail light and added a flasher relay. Just wondering what kind of setup people are running, if it’s different for the bikes that come OEM with LEDs. Do I need to run the resistor bypass harness and/or flasher relay for the signals to all work normal? I’m not planning on keeping the signals on the plate. I’m keeping mirrors for now, eventually I’ll probably delete but arrange to keep front signals.

·
a d m i n
151,152 Posts
I purchased the ‘Custom LED‘ brand for my recent new ‘18 SP.

I was between the two brands but I’ve had such a good experience with the last three New CBR’s using the custom LED brand so I ran with it again.

It’s plug n play, blinker speed is normal.

One would imagine they’re comparable though.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Totally. Thats the primary reason it’s my first mod purchase, brighter LED’s, I don’t want to get rear ended, :oops:
In the hyper flash mode at night it almost shocks drivers alert! Great feature to have, if you notice lots of emergency vehicles have the brake lights hyper flash as well. Anything you can do to draw the attention of the idiots texting or not paying attention is a plus.
One suggestion I would have it spend the extra few bucks on the programming toggle switch. If you don't have it and want to change modes you need to disconnect the ground wire as the method of mode change is by the number of ground interuptions

·
a d m i n
151,152 Posts
In the hyper flash mode at night it almost shocks drivers alert! Great feature to have, if you notice lots of emergency vehicles have the brake lights hyper flash as well. Anything you can do to draw the attention of the idiots texting or not paying attention is a plus.
The hyper flash! That‘s an excellent point, and one of the things I love.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
The hyper flash! That‘s an excellent point, and one of the things I love.
Oh that thing is stupid bright. When I first installed mine over the winter in the garage when messing with the modes I made the mistake of staring at the taillight when it hyper flashed. Haha I had temporary blindness, I don't recommend it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts