Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys doing as far as the break-in for the motors on your 1000rr's? I have a 600rr and prior to about 300 miles I stayed under 10,000 rpm. After 300 miles, I just rode like a normal bike. Never had any problems. Changed oil at 300 miles and then every thousand miles. Is the 1000rr the same? I would assume so, but just wondering. I p/u my 1000rr on May 13, approx. Red/Black! :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey man i have 342 on mine the book said 300 miles before any rapid acceleration.I myself keeped mine under 8000 just because i also broke my 600f4i in under 10000 rpm just like the dealer said,for the 600. So i thought 8000 would be good for the bigger motor.Im no pro but its working fine.Ialso hear that the breakin is BS. But i have built some race car motors and after a couple of heat cycles there ready to go.Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
IronNutz said:
Please use the search function at the top of the page. There are several threads with this information on it already, no sense in starting another one. :)
Dang with 419 post I thought you would jump all over this one :D j/k

There are so many different ways to break a bike in it's not even funny.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I broke in my RR by flogging it. I have broken in bikes for years trying the slow and quick methods and prefer the quick method. The only hard part is first gear first throttle runs, they are kinda scary

Ernie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.