Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this from the R1 site when I was doing a search for the RR.
So why if the RR is such a slow heavy bike, why are there R1, ZX10, and GSXR sitting on the floors of all the dealers and the RR is still in demand? Something just does't seem right with the mag's write-ups. Before I get hammered for this post... I love my RR and wouldn't trade it for anything!

1/4 mile

honda 10.30 @ 140.01
kawasaki 10.06 @ 145.34
suzuki 10.10 @ 142.50
yamaha 10.07 @ 145.32

top speed

honda 175mph
kawi 186
suzuki 180
yami 184

acceleration 0-60........0-100........60-80 top gear

honda 3.13 5.83 3.03
kawi 2.92 5.45 2.67
suzuki 2.92 5.50 2.59
yami 3.11 5.62 2.75

wet weight

honda 466lbs
kawi 433
suzuki 444
yami 449

HP

honda [email protected]
kawi [email protected]
suzuki [email protected]
yami [email protected]

torque

honda [email protected]
kawi [email protected]
suzuki [email protected] 8250
yami [email protected]

·
Registered
425 Posts
These tests just really dont tell the whole truth. You can have ten different tests with ten different sets of bikes and your going to get ten different sets of numbers. those numbers you show make the CBR look fat and slow, here are some numbers from Performance Bike I got off the ZX10 forum that show otherwise. Which ones should you believe? I recommend none of the above, the bikes are all bad ass just get the one you like. We all know the honda is the best anyways :D the honda Looks like the bike to beat in this test. And I have seen others that show the honda as the top performing bike or 2nd to the ZX10 slightly, not 17hp.

here are the numbers:

Dyno:

10R -- 147.7 hp
R1 -- 147.9 hp
RR -- 146.6 hp
G1K -- 144.4 hp

Top Speed:

10R -- 176.25 mph
R1 -- 177.72 mph
RR -- 178.52 mph
G1K -- 171.51 mph

1/4 Mile:

10R -- 10.45/144.76
R1 -- 10.35/147.26
RR -- 10.10/147.5
G1K -- 10.40/144.8

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just got that mag. I think since they crapped on the 12 so much when it came out, this was there way to pay Kawi back. No way is the 10 that fast or powerful! Don't believe this magazine BS....I know of two 10's that have dynoed at 152 and 153 rwhp. That comes from bikes off the floor, not a magazine bike. I tend to believe Cycleworld over the others, but otherwise, just look at what happens to real bikes in action....not the mags.

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
fred900 said:
So why if the RR is such a slow heavy bike, why are there R1, ZX10, and GSXR sitting on the floors of all the dealers and the RR is still in demand?
There's still a couple places around here that have 1000RRs sitting on the floor. The one place wants MSRP + $389 freight & setup, & probably won't budge on price until winter. The other dealer (where I got mine) is good, so not sure why they still have one. Not warm enough here yet?

·
Registered
21 Posts
One important note about that test is that Motorcyclist and Sportrider share the bikes and dyno numbers. If you go to the sportrider comparison, you will see these are the same numbers.

Knowing that, if you look at the first dyno run of the CBR before they got their second one for the test above, it was 5 HP higher.

Basically their second bike was slightly doggy. But if I am being honest, Honda's tend to have the biggest HP swings. So its a crap shoot with them. Suzukis and Yamaha's tend to run truer, and Kawi's are also spotty with their HP swings.

As far as the weight. Sorry, but that is dead on and consistent with other weigh ins.

You dont buy the Honda because it wins dyno shoot outs. Its the package perspective combined with the fact it has the plushest (from my jumping up and down on them sitting on the floors) and most balanced damping.

So what did they say about the suspension, handling, and how did they rank them??

·
Registered
315 Posts
umm

I guess we all like to come to all kinds of conclusion......I think we all should agree that numbers are good for our egos in general. Good Bad. i thnk we should just enjoy our ride. Imagine only Honda in this world with no comparision! i'm real happy and jealous my buddy is getting the honda and he feelss the same way i do lol
I sat on the RR and it doesn't feel as heavy as i thought it would be ummm thats good. sitting is so much comfortable. All this being said i love my R1 and she will treat me right! be safe you all

·
Registered
231 Posts
quite frankly most of us will probably not use these bikes to their fullest... regardless which manufacturer... so it's all preference. honda is still the king in motoGP. :D

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
mrdangle said:
quite frankly most of us will probably not use these bikes to their fullest... regardless which manufacturer... so it's all preference. honda is still the king in motoGP. :D
And that is why I need a RC211V. Not because I think I could handle it, but because it would make my life alot easier. No more explaining things to the uneducated, just point to it and say "There, now shut up." :)

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
screw the mag...look at who has the most advertisements in the mag and that is whos bike is most likey gonna be best in shootout

the media has sold out ...again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.