Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
BRAAAAAAAAP!!!!!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys n gals. I wanted to share my experience with yall about a dealer in muskogee oklahoma. on may 2nd of this year i decided that i wanted me another streetbike, particular model is the 2012 hrc pearl white cbr100rr so i started a search. i live in midland texas and found two new models never sold, rode, or used in any sense, one in houston and one in oklahoma. one in houston was still listed as full price at right under 14k with ttl and a nine to ten hour drive for me to pick up. one in oklahoma was listed at right under 11k with no ttl and a 8 hour drive. so i picked the one in oklahoma thinkin shorter drive and a few thousand dollars cheaper. big fuck up on my part. so i contact a salesman there at the dealer tell em what bike i want and give em my financial info. we get the deal going get paperwork signed and everything is good to go. so i take off to go pick up my new 1k that ive wanted to have ever since i layed my eyes on one, here is where it all goes to shit. i am about an hour and a half away from the dealer, salesman calls me to inform me that the stupid fucking mechanic just crashed the bike during a final inpection prep and test ride. i know these are done cuz i myself work at a dealership. i could not believe what i was hearing i was so damn pissed at what happened. i had the salesman take pictures of what was damaged and send them to me tank cover on the top and upper faairing and all down the right side including a small dent in the muffler. knowing i shouldve just been done with it and turn around and go home empty-handed i didnt. i continue to the dealer to get my bike once there we went over the enitre bike and made a parts list of what they will be replacing. being nice i told them just get the parts ordered and mail them to me and i will install the new parts on my own if they will just get me the parts they said thats fine we will get the parts headed your way. well bout three weeks go by and no parts or calls with an update so i call them to get an update and the salesman tells me they have to come pick my bike up and a mechanic at their store has to install them i ask why does it matter i have certification from honda. bunch of bullshit. so they come to get my motorcycle and then they decide they are going to warranty the parts through honda and take all this time to get parts cause honda wants to know why this bike needs these parts when it was an employees fault for the damages im sure they didnt tell honda that a moron from the dealer is the one who damaged the bike. so now the bike is done and now they expect me to make another 8 hr drive to come pick it up when it is their fault this has all happened. i shouldnt have to go get my bike because they fucked up. its their responsibilty to get my bike back to me. i shouldnt have to go out of my way to accomdate them. i told them send me parts and it would be called good then and there but no they wanted to do it the hard way. and i dont think it was even wrecked being rode. when i took it with damaged fairings there were no miles on the bike whatsoever. i think the bike fell off a lift or something because the top of the tank cover was damaged and not the side. you would think the side would hit first in a layover before the top. im still bikeless and dont know what to do. guess i need to get a lawyer involved. :thefinger:

·
Registered
411 Posts
ive seen the muskogee area having good sales on bikes. this is a good heads-up. in all honesty though , you should have never bought a new bike knowing about it being wrecked like that by them. if it fell off a lift i would be worried about stressed frame welds or bent forks or stems or clip-ons. glad i bought my bike in OKC now. good luck with that whole ordeal man.

·
BRAAAAAAAAP!!!!!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive seen the muskogee area having good sales on bikes. this is a good heads-up. in all honesty though , you should have never bought a new bike knowing about it being wrecked like that by them. if it fell off a lift i would be worried about stressed frame welds or bent forks or stems or clip-ons. glad i bought my bike in OKC now. good luck with that whole ordeal man.
yea. it wasnt wrecked till after i had signed paperwork on it. they wrecked it the day i went to pick it up. but yea i shouldve just gotten out of the whole deal from that point. im not sure if it fell off a lift or not but with zero miles on it and the damage it had me as well as many other motorcyclist couldnt see it being a simple layover. guess that happens when you try an save a few $$$$

·
Premium Member
14,400 Posts
like you said to begin with. you should have walked away but didnt. any issues after that are solely on your shoulders. you gambled and came up snake eyes. no ones fault but your own.

·
MYAAH!
991 Posts
No paragraphs? Not reading. sorry.

Reactions: drbyers

·
Respect the Mantis!
4,908 Posts
The "mechanic" could have layed it down 50 feet from the dealer, so there wouldn't necessarily have to be any miles on a new bike.

He could have gunned it on cold tires or hit a slick spot in the street, you never know.

SHITTY LUCK MAN! I woulda been crying.

I had to drive 3 hours to get mine. I'm lucky everything went smooth on my deal.
You just never know, anything can happen. Crazy shit.

:(

I think you should place a call to HONDA headquarters and let somebody know about this.
That dealer could be in hot water over this mess.
HONDA does not want it's reputation tarnished by some shit-head hillbilly dealership.
They need to deliver your bike to you, and give you an extended warranty on it, just in case there is something wrong with it from the damage that was done to it.

Good Luck.

·
Hook 'em!
2,559 Posts
If they had dropped the bike at your home, then they should deliver it back to your home. Since it was dropped at the dealership, there's no legal obligation to deliver the bike to your home. Have you tried calling Honda?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Some of those dealers guys like to rev up too....combine with who knows? Riding like a maniac on cold tires....a recipe for disaster for other people property.

Went to dealer one time, they rev up mine, told them dont do that, they chuckle at me. Morons. If i dont revs mine...dont do it to mine :D

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
912 Posts
You bought a salvaged bike for a new bike price. You need to break up your thoughts into paragraphs so your posts are easier to read.

·
Respect the Mantis!
4,908 Posts
If they had dropped the bike at your home, then they should deliver it back to your home. Since it was dropped at the dealership, there's no legal obligation to deliver the bike to your home.
:signs053:

So if they dropped it on the freeway 20 miles outside of town, is THAT where they should deliver it?

Your logic is not logical at all, BEVMO!

:th_SmlyROFL:

·
Hook 'em!
2,559 Posts
:signs053:

So if they dropped it on the freeway 20 miles outside of town, is THAT where they should deliver it?

Your logic is not logical at all, BEVMO!

:th_SmlyROFL:
The heat's frying your brain. If the bike does not reach its intended destination, that's not considered being delivered, DykeStalk3r. If the contract calls for the bike to be delivered and it has not, the contract has been breached. The dealer's only legal obligation is to repair the bike or pay for damages to the bike, period.

·
Respect the Mantis!
4,908 Posts
The heat's frying your brain. If the bike does not reach its intended destination, that's not considered being delivered, DykeStalk3r. If the contract calls for the bike to be delivered and it has not, the contract has been breached. The dealer's only legal obligation is to repair the bike or pay for damages to the bike, period.
WELLLLL..... SUCK A PUMPKIN!

I had no idea you were a LAWYER!
If I ever get my nuts in a pickle.... i'll sure know who to call first!

Thanks, BEVMOTARD!

:th_salute:

·
carbonated
984 Posts
Wellatleastyouknowhowtousethespacebar,nextstep,thereturnkeyandthetabbutton.

Other than that....I would seek a refund.

·
Hook 'em!
2,559 Posts
WELLLLL..... SUCK A PUMPKIN!

I had no idea you were a LAWYER!
If I ever get my nuts in a pickle.... i'll sure know who to call first!

Thanks, BEVMOTARD!

:th_salute:
You're certainly welcome, DYKESTALK3R!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hindsight and all that: I would have had them null the contract and demanded the manager comp me gas and a meal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts