Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
certified serial crasher
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 1000RR to dyno this morning (along with 1000 km service). Here' the background: the same dyno gave my old bone-stock 954 137.8 RWHP and gave to a bone-stock (just after break-in like my 1000RR) GSX-R1000 a couple of days ago 153.5 RWHP. The dyno (manufactured by Fuchs) is in a cooled room so temparature stays pretty much constant and numbers are DIN-corrected.

My results:
RWHP: 159.1 (@10777 rpm)
Torque: 11,8 kgm

The number sounds somewhat high (dyno calibration issue), but I'm pretty pleased how it compares to my old 954 and the gix from a couple of days ago. The bike is currently in shop receiving Moriwaki Race full system and PCIII USB. I'll have it dynoed with Dynojet Moriwaki map on monday and after that we'll build a custom map. I'll post all the graphs/results next week as soon as I have them scanned.

Local bike magazine (named "Bike") had dynoed two different 1000RR's back to back in same dyno and there was 7 RWHP difference between them so there appears to be quite much varinance between individual bikes.

·
certified serial crasher
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Red Ryder said:
jesus christ. Mine was only 144.1 (but with only 480 or so miles on it, LOL) the guy also said the dyno was reading low that week too. I will have it done again soon.
We may have SAE vs. DIN difference also. Dunno how many % that is :?:

·
certified serial crasher
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just came back from dynoing/mapping my bike. Bad news is that they had some problem in the Dyno (there was an explanation but I'm not sure if understood all of it) and it was basically only good the measuring power, not creating custom maps (for anything else than 100% throttle or something).

Moriwaki Pipe with Akrapovic Euro map (with some minor adjustments that could be made) gave something like 4 horses more over the stock run from last week. It was way hotter now (it was 0 celsius outside when the stock run was made last week, not it was like +15 celsius) so apparently the results are not very comparable (contrary to what I thought last week, so the cold outside temperature contributed to the high numbers I got last week). Peak horsepower had moved up to 11300 rpm and and there was practically no fading between peak-power and redline like in stock which is nice for track use. Due to difficulties the dyno operator didn't charge anything and even offered to work some more after they get the problems with the dyno sorted.

I may end up taking the bike to one of race-engine builders we have here to be mapped, as it now appears that my changes of getting comparable before and after dynos are now pretty much gone (as if they ever existed due to base run being made on different day)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.