Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
#1 Hater
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recall there being a section for "builds" but apparently I don't pay attention enough to notice that it's not around anymore, Or maybe I'm thinking of a different forum, but either way..... here is my build!!!!

Just picked up this 2011 1krr, bought it with the full Yoshimura stainless system on it and nice tail tidy set up with integrated blinkers already on it. I'm obviously going to be, and already have, added alot more. It's going to be a purpose built track bike, which will allow me to turn my cbr954 into more a street bike instead of pulling double duty on the track also (plus that bike has its own impressive build about to get underway anyway).

So besides just alot of basic maintenance like fluid flush, brake pads and tires, first thing on the list was getting the suspension swapped out with a full ohlins setup I already had accuquired, along with that I did new woodcraft adjustable clipons, a brembo MC, speigler brake lines and attack performance rearsets. Zero gravity corsa screen and 520 chain and sprockets (down one in the front).I gutter the intake runners and did a set of block off plates. It will be going to the shop shortly for new air filter, V-stacks and a tune, hoping to be in the mid 170's.

I'm a instructor for local trackday organization so this will be my bike to coach the A and B group riders on. I have another set of wheels (teaser, there not stock) I'll be running slicks on for the really fast days. I'm excited to be back on the 1000 (not my first one) and what's to come of this build.

·
Stand your ground
1,142 Posts
Looking great so far! Are you running a 190/50 rear tire? Looks like it from the picture.

·
BOTM Moderator
572 Posts
I recall there being a section for "builds" but apparently I don't pay attention enough to notice that it's not around anymore, Or maybe I'm thinking of a different forum, but either way..... here is my build!!!!

Excellent post! Good pictures.

So, why not make the 854 the track bike and this one the street bike?

·
#1 Hater
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking great so far! Are you running a 190/50 rear tire? Looks like it from the picture.
Yes 190/50, not by choice though. It's what they had on hand at the dealer and honestly I forgot to ask anyway if they had a 55. Oh well, better than what was on there.

Excellent post! Good pictures.

So, why not make the 854 the track bike and this one the street bike?
The 954 is a better street bike than the 1000 and vice-versa for the track. The 1000 will pull double duty while the 954 is down, and if im being honest they will both be track junkies when all said and done. I will probably keep the 954 street legal though and do track fairings on the 1000 at some point.

·
#1 Hater
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Track prepped and ready to go....

She did pretty decent. A few small things like a broken fairing mount that caused the lowers to come apart (duct tape to the rescue). I got a small vibration under braking, pretty sure it's a warpped rotor. So we will get those things figured and be back at in another 2 weeks.

·
Stand your ground
1,142 Posts
Looking great. Do you instruct at YCRS? Looking to do the 2 day school in October.

·
#1 Hater
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking great. Do you instruct at YCRS? Looking to do the 2 day school in October.
Yes, I am part of there 3c coaching team. They have there regular coaches like Chris, nick, ext...... and then if they need extras they can call on some 3c coaches to come help, or I can just volunteer at any of there schools. I coach at the school they have at the ridgemotorsportspark because that's my home track and then I try and get down to inde in the winter time to stay fresh.

I'd definitely recommend doing the school, so many helpful pointers to help not just on the track but in real world riding also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts