Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$200 well spent IMHO!! I found this thing today sitting in some guys backyard and offered him all the cash I had on me. The fucker took it. :thumbsup:

·
excessiveadrenaline.com
233 Posts
wow the outside of that motor is uncomonly clean for the age of this bike... especially considering it was "sitting in the guys backyard".

good buy though

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
haha nice buy i wreckon with a bit of work you could freshen her up a bit and make a nice profit off that

·
Kamikaze
14,397 Posts
I've never gotten a chance to ride one. A buddy of mine has one but I've never got on the thing. I've ridden behind his CBX before though and there is no other bike out there that sounds like that beast.

Get that thing cleaned up and hold on to it, its a keeper.

·
Premium Member
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow I thought more people knew about these things. They're 1047 cc inline six cylinder that makes about 105 hp stock. Honda made em for about 4 years.

·
ArtificialCrisisDisruptor
8,702 Posts
COOL!!!

,matter of fact, I saw one today morning for the first time up-close!
They're considered collectors items here, you could probably make a fortune selling it here!

·
ytinasni erup
229 Posts
Awesome find! I'm jealous. I've been hunting around for a CB 350 myself..

·
Premium Member
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its not running at the moment, the carbs are getting rebuilt and I'll go from there. I think I'm going to turn it into one of these.

·
Premium Member
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm thinking of using a Triumph speed triple swingarm and a 07 1000rr tail section. Up front I'll use a set of forks from a 1000rr.

·
MENTAL
150 Posts
I recon you should restore it, not mod it. If i were u id go for the stock looks, but some humble extras like a steering damper or some shit.
Anyway, nice find, good luck.

·
Trackday junkie
559 Posts
1 - 20 of 63 Posts