Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came into this from selling my Ducati Monster 1200s as I only had Honda before that and the sounds of them with a Termi pipe is unmistakable. However that aside it’s not as easy and hands on as Honda and the timing belts due next year yep sell up and fast.

I test rode a SP1 at a dealership he just got in less then 3000km on it and as soon as my leg went over I wanted it. Looking at trade in he loved what I did to the Monster as no mods left everything carbon, CNC Pramac limited items, exhaust Termi twin, quick shifter etc etc but his price I knew I could get more so I did.

In 3 weeks was sold and I turned up again to be told 2 major things,.. 1 the bike whilst still there was sold to the owner of the shop he couldn’t part with it and 2 I found out the Fireblade has stopped being imported to Australia since 2019. No bAse model and just the RR-R that starts at $50k+ I’m like wtf.
So the hunt begun and I bought it interstate during COVID and it came from the equivalent of Las Vegas to New York 28hrs on a truck. Why because stuff alll available and price was fantastic.

*This thread is going to be adding items to her and giving hints/tips of items where I can. It’s not about extra power for now as it has enough for a weekend warrior bike. So it’s about cosmetic and functional inclusions.

Mods when purchased
Lightech Rearsets fully adjustable Carbon/Titanium
Arrow exhaust Titanium
Exhaust servo eliminator
R&G Fender eliminator
Pro grips 711
Sprocket and gold chain mod/replacement

Reactions: jdgun

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Let the shopping begin, The long travel to deliver Charlize worked in my favour as a few items I bought whilst being delivered whilst others I bought before even buying the bike. I bought the custom number plate 2 months before buying the bike HRC25 to of course celebrate the 25th Edition.

MRA screen smoke you can see size diff well worth it
Usb charger and trickle charge cabling
RAM phone mount in fork stem
R&G red reflector kit/add on rear
Apex 3”riser kit
Progrip 717 Casey Stoner edition
Number plate frame
Clutch and brake lever protectors
Lightech oil filler cap
Lightech Swingarm spools
Lightech Lever Adaptors
Lightech rear reservoir cap
Lightech carbon fibre chain cover
Lightech carbon rear fender
Honda bag made specifically for SC77

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Orders pending delivery

Brembo 19RCS Corsa Corta /smoke reservoir kit
Brembo Mechanical Clutch Lever
Goodridge GOLD ABS Front +2” length & Rear brake line cables
Probolt various titanium bolts
PROGRIP 747.. wait what 3rd set for the bike.

Progrips I’m trying out what I like best, 717 getting numb hands and as I love Stoner bike is gearing more MM93 so can’t have both running on same bike

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Items slowly coming in and awaiting install

·
Registered
35 Posts
Very nice, similar to the mods going on my bike as we speak. i really need to figure out if i will do colored titanium or just stick to silver.. look forward to more pics of your ride.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice, similar to the mods going on my bike as we speak. i really need to figure out if i will do colored titanium or just stick to silver.. look forward to more pics of your ride.
Put your name down for the newsletter of UK Probolt. I only went Titanium due to 25% off. weight saving I don't care for that as I could loose more weight compared to the bike bolts and a lot cheaper given the cost of RRP of Titanium.

For the brake I see it is a must due to corrosion/heat area but everywhere else personal call.

I also like to prepare in advance so I had the bolts and the various pitch issues dealt with prior to having the actual parts I needed them for ie bolt for Brembo MC has diff pitch then OEM Honda so not like you reuse what you replace. And come the caliper bolts the bolts there are corroded/black so whilst braided cable will replace rubber oem change banjo bolts there also.

Biggest thought will be to go "Race" spec or standard bolt, as Race spec adds onto the price also..

Reactions: jdgun and J D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So more goodies arrive.. unfortunately the 1 Cable to MC was not the length I ordered as I needed +2”.

they did well to make up for it that being Goodridge themselves in the UK as they were the ones who missed the notes and sent me the details of what oem was.

so whilst not happy theyare trying to make up for and just sucks I have to keep waiting more before I can get Brembos 19 RCS Corsa installed.

Reactions: jdgun and Cherub
1 - 7 of 7 Posts