Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
it is good to see your track riding is consistent with your street riding, Slow. :D
I am sure you will get your mojo back, over time.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

This is barber before I broke my ribs. Im the white bike with neon yellow on my black boots that goes flying by in the beginning. The guy filming and the R1 ahead of him end up passing me 2 laps in after I blow turn 5.

1st time on this track btw

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
first time back on the track after braking two ribs 4 weeks prior at Cresson. I'm just getting the jitters out in level 3 on my 2017 cbr1000rr enjoy.
Bet it felt good though to be back out on track! COTA was definitely fun, was out there last year on my 954. I would like to head out there again eventually once I get around to upgrading my track bike to the SC77. :giggle:

·
Banned
1 Posts
first time back on the track after braking two ribs 4 weeks prior at Cresson. I'm just getting the jitters out in level 3 on my 2017 cbr1000rr enjoy.
Nice showing. If a person is not collecting a pay cheque from track riding and they are footing their own repair and medical bills, then the the pace they set and ride is their own - period.

All this dick swinging about fast track videos vs slow track videos gets old quickly. Seriously, who actually gives a flying hoot who is fast or slow if actual money winning races are not on the line? Its an enjoyable challenge and hobby for most.

Kudos and props for posting your videos of track escapades and keep on keeping on. (y) :coffee:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice showing. If a person is not collecting a pay cheque from track riding and they are footing their own repair and medical bills, then the the pace they set and ride is their own - period.

All this dick swinging about fast track videos vs slow track videos gets old quickly. Seriously, who actually gives a flying hoot who is fast or slow if actual money winning races are not on the line? Its an enjoyable challenge and hobby for most.

Kudos and props for posting your videos of track escapades and keep on keeping on. (y) :coffee:
I’m guessing you’re slow too? :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Bet it felt good though to be back out on track! COTA was definitely fun, was out there last year on my 954. I would like to head out there again eventually once I get around to upgrading my track bike to the SC77. :giggle:
You are rock in’ around that track!

·
Banned
1 Posts
I’m guessing you’re slow too? :D
No need to guess. I proudly ride my own pace with as much damage and injury risk tolerance as I care to carry for that day.

You put your mouth where your cheque book is and pay for any and all damage and medical bills, and I will go any pace you want on any track any where at any time.
You foot the bill I'll even go run that little Irish diddy called the NW200 in the SuperBike class.
Don't worry about the bike, I've got that covered, yeah. (y)

Want proof I run as slow as my tolerance for repair bills? Here, look at these chicken stripes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It felt good once I got settled in again until I started sucking alot of air because then I felt my rib pain again. It was like 106 degrees that day in August.

I explain my Accident better here in this video

I have one more cmra race at msrh on 10/28 feel free to come spectate. I'd like to see other Honda supporters out there. My race number is 460

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Thanks RC! Hopefully I'll be faster during my race on 10/28 with the flash i get from you. It will be nice to ride a modern sport bike that actually has traction control on it for a change!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

The track is a lot smoother then when you road it last year. They resurfaced it and it doesn't chew through tires like it did last year. Ridesmart is doing a track day there on Thanksgiving weekend. If you have the time and the money you should give it another go. I may be there still need to get approval from the fam 1st since its a holiday weekend

·
Premium Member
338 Posts

The track is a lot smoother then when you road it last year. They resurfaced it and it doesn't chew through tires like it did last year. Ridesmart is doing a track day there on Thanksgiving weekend. If you have the time and the money you should give it another go. I may be there still need to get approval from the fam 1st since its a holiday weekend
That’s good to hear cause yea I was gettin jarred pretty good, lol. As much as I’d love to, I’m about 90% certain I’ll be deployed during that timeframe 😓
Definitely will try to get back out there soon though. It’s a bit of a haul as well, I was stationed in IL when I went, but am now stuck in NJ for the next couple yrs, so will probably wait till I atleast make it back to IL before I make the trek again.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts